Chapter Twelve

I completely understand why people call him Demon now. Dominic pounds on his opponent, with absolutely no mercy. The other guy is strong but Dominic is strong and fast, hitting him with a series of punches before he can even get one hit in. I thought I would be terrified, seeing Dominic in such a dangerous situation, but I'm turned on by this and I feel a little sick admitting it to myself. I've always cringed at violence but seeing Dominic so unhinged, almost primal, is the most erotic thing I've ever experienced. Sweat beads on his chest as he lays punch after punch. The fact that I'm getting any pleasure out of this level of violence is shocking and I wonder if all this is even real but the dampness between my legs leaves no doubt this is reality.

The crowd begins to cheer Dominic's name as the end of the match comes near. His opponent is getting weaker, punches coming in slower. For a split second, he leaves his face vulnerable and Dominic takes his opportunity to land a sickening uppercut. My jaw drops as his opponent's feet lift off the floor at the power behind the punch. He's out cold and for a second I wonder if he's seriously injured. Dominic kneels down and puts his hand to his face. I'm confused but then I realize he's making sure the guy is still breathing.

"Damn. That's one man you got there," Terry says next to me, looking on in amazement. I don't respond, too shocked at the scene in front of me. I feel a strange sense of pride at Dominic's win, amazed at how skilled he is in his field.

Dominic makes a beeline towards me as the crowd cheers his name. He's even more attractive up close, his chest shining with sweat and hair clinging to his face.

"You look like you just saw a ghost," He bends down to whisper this in my ear. I can feel the heat radiating off of him and his warm breath tickles my ear.

"I-uh..." I trail off, brain a pile of mush.

"You'll get used to it. I think I like having you in the crowd. It makes me want to impress you."

"You...want to impress me?" I ask, utter confusion marking my features.

"Of course. Maybe then you'll let me have you," My jaw hits the concrete floor. My brain refuses to process what he just said, deciding instead to completely shut down. Dominic chuckles.

"Let's go home. We're skipping the after-party," Dominic says. He wraps his arm around my waist, hand resting on the curve of my hip, and leads us away. His boys come too, protecting us from the crowd. They can't protect us from the obscenities they shout, though, and I hear every single word.

"Demon, I want to have your babies!"

"I'll suck your dick, Demon!"

"Why are you with that fat bitch?!"

I cringe at the derogatory terms they throw my way. The fact that the girls shouting them look like models doesn't help. They look like the type of girls that belong on Dominic's arm, beautiful and seductive all at the same time. I look up at Dominic's face and he seems totally unaffected by their words.

When the door closes behind us I sigh in relief. Although it's much better here, their screams are only muffled from outside the building. We're in a locker room and several fighters are there in various states of undress. My whole face warms up and I try to avert my eyes. I sit on the bench as Dominic goes through his locker, taking out several items of clothes along with a towel.

"I'm going to take a quick shower. If someone messes with you, tell them you're with Demon," Demon leaves to the stalls, which is on the other side of the locker room. I've never felt so awkward in my life, stuck in the middle of a men's locker room. I stare at my fingernails, not wanting to look up and acknowledge all the stares I'm probably getting.

"What're you doing here, sugar," A man asks, smirking down at me. He has on basketball shorts and a t-shirt, tattoos covering one arm, and his dirty blonde hair is shaved in the back but long in the front, hanging over his forehead.

"I'm uh- with Dominic," I say, remembering his words.

"Oh, you're one of his girls, huh? Seems like he's going through one every week," He says. My heart sinks in my chest. Dominic really has a new girl every week. Since the day of the fair, I may have deluded myself into thinking there was some small, microscopic chance that Dominic liked me. His words confirmed my fears, I was just a pathetic ugly girl who fell for someone way out of her league.

"I'm not like that," I bite out. I want to run out of here but I have nowhere to go.

"There's no need to lie about it. How about you show me what's got Demon going crazy over a girl? He doesn't let anyone call him by his real name so your pussy must be made of gold," My cheeks burn at his suggestive words. Just as I'm about to book it out of here, not caring that I have nowhere to go, Demon has him pinned against the lockers.

"What the fuck did you just say to her," Demon growls.

"Hey, chill man. I was just talking to her. It's not like she's your girl or anything," He says it jokingly but his voice trembles.

"She's fucking mine! If you ever even look at her again I'll make you wish you never met me," Dominic's anger sends chills down my spine. Why did he say I was his? He must be doing it just to make a point to this guy. I shouldn't get my hopes up, I'll only get hurt in the end.

"Alright, it's all good man," He says, fear now clearly in his voice.

"Fucking apologize," Dominic forces him to face me.

"I'm sorry! Just let me go!" Dominic lets his collar go and the man stumbles.

"Get the fuck out of here," Dominic snarls. He grabs his stuff off one of the benches and high tails it out of the locker room. We've gained the attention of pretty much everyone in the room and I just want to go home and forget this ever happened.

"That goes for all of you. Sephie's mine and if you disrespect her, you disrespect me," Everyone in the locker room gives Dominic a nod of respect. He leads me out the back door of the locker room to avoid the crowd and I'm in complete shock and confusion. Everything that comes out of Dominic's mouth seems to contradict how he feels about me. He obviously doesn't like me, he's way out of my league, but he acts like he wants to be with me I'm starting to get frustrated. It seems like he's purposely leading me on. He knows what happened with Chis, so why would he manipulate my feelings like that.

"What was that about?" I question him after we both get in the car.

"No one messes with what's mine," He tells me and I lose it.

"What's yours?!" I quote him, yelling. "Why are you doing this? Stop leading me on. We both know you don't like me. Everyone knows! You heard what they said in there, you're way out of my league, so please stop pretending that you want to be with me."

Before I can even think, Dominic grabs my shoulder and pulls me toward him, his lips crashing against mine. Naturally, I put my hand on his shoulder as his lips move roughly against mine. I can't think about anything, except how good his lips feel, rough yet gentle, taking yet giving. Before I can think logically, my hands are threading through his long hair and my lips reciprocate his actions. I moan as our lips dance together, heat gathering in my core. Dominic roughly pulls away, and I'm left there gasping, heated and confused.

"Now do you believe me? I fucking need you, Sephie, in my bed and by my side."

They finally had their first kiss!!!😍 If you liked this chapter, please leave a vote or comment.