Chapter 49

Alissa

As soon as we reached home, neither Eric nor I spoke any word to anyone. All he did was open his fridge, took out a bottle of wine and started drinking it. I can understand that he is upset, but it's unhealthy. I don't want to see him sad, but right now I am helpless. I went to the room and changed into my night suit. Eric has some of my clothes in case I need some, like right now. I saw he had his legs on the table and he was sitting on the couch drinking his wine. The television was on but it was on mute. I sat next to him and took the remote and shut it off.

He let out a long breath from his nose and held my hand. He rubbed my knuckles and we stayed silent for a minute.

"Talk to me" I said

"It's all a mess. I'm a mess. I am so angry at them that I can't talk to them without raising my voice. They don't understand what they made me go through. Yes, I admit I was an arsehole and I still am. But, what they did was not right. Never have been, never will be" He said.

"To be honest you are still kind of an arsehole" I said being honest but keeping a smirk on my face.

"Yes, I know"

"And aggressive" I said

"Yes"

"And moody" I said

"Yes"

"And a jerk" I said

"Still you love me" He said kissing my cheek and I giggled.

"You are my jerk" I said.

He put his hand around my waist and showered me with kisses. I giggled and he just laughed. After a moment we both came back to normal and I looked at him seriously this time.

"Do it for me" I said

"I tried and you can see the conclusion" he said being defensive but I know how to control him.

"Please. If you love me. Just one more time. And that's it. I promise. Just one more try and it will be done" I said convincing him and making a puppy face.

"You know I can't resist that face" he said and I cheered finally succeeding.
*
*
*
*
A week later means Saturday. Eric said that we will visit his parents on Saturday because we had some urgent work in the office. So I was okay with it as long as he was doing it. We were on our way to his parent's home and Eric was reciting what to say to his parents. I told him some lines, like how can he start a good conversation. I know this sounds stupid, but this was the least I could have done with this boy.

We were on the doorstep of their home and I was about to ring the bell when Eric suddenly stopped me.

"Wait!!!" He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Can we practise one more time?" He looked at me like a five-year-old asking his mummy to make him practise for the play one more time.

But until I could have agreed the door flew open. It was Cassandra. She looked at us and said "I knew it was you"

She hugged us and brought us inside.

"A second try" She asked.

"Yeah, took lots of convincing" I said.

"I am sure" She said laughing.

Eric was just staring around and we finally sat on the couch. A few minutes later Josephine appeared coming downstairs. She looked at us but her face was blank. We looked at her. And Richard followed closely behind her. We all stood up and Josephine came to me and hugged me. I wish I could say all the things but that would be very silly. We all sat on the couch and there was a dead awkward silence. Everyone trying to think about what to say until Richard spoke up.

"I am sorry son" His voice seemed like it would crack up any minute now.

Eric looked up at him. His face was red like he would cry too.

"I am sorry too" Josephine said.

"You don't have to be. You are human after all. We all make mistakes" Eric said his voice trembling a bit.

The lines were mine by the way. The ones which he was practising like he has to speak for 15 minutes.

Josephine and Richard had tears in their eyes like they were really guilty for what they have done. I am happy that they all have realised their mistakes.

*********************
Sorry for the late chapter. Please vote and comment if you liked it❤