Chapter 43

Eric

Tomorrow is my wedding and today my family is throwing an engagement party I mean have you gone insane a day before the wedding. I wish I could just bang a coconut on their heads. But, hopefully, I will be able to accomplish my task. Fingers crossed. People who were invited to this party belonged to rich families and had a very nice business. My few relatives were also there. Some were looking at me like I am doing something beyond their imagination. Some were getting emotional. Soon Cheryl appeared on the stairs wearing a long red gown which was revealing her leg up till her thigh.

Everyone cheered and started clapping. She smiled and greeted everyone with the best facial expressions she could give. Suddenly, I saw a person entering the party wearing a black hat and black suit and pants. He was looking a little familiar to me. Cheryl went towards him and hugged him tightly. She held his hand and brought him in front of the crowd.

"Hello everyone! This is my brother. Not real brother, my cousin. He has come all the way from Spain just to meet me and thank you so much for that Robert" Cheryl said in a very excited tone.

This kind of tone she doesn't usually use. I felt like something is wrong but it will be terrible of me to doubt his brother, I mean he can be a good person right? I looked at Cassandra and she was looking upset. She came towards me and took me to the back of the crowd.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"I just overheard the conversation of dad and uncle Robin. And I just got to know that Dad is giving him the shares of our company today. No check. Only cash. Tonight. Like I think it is being a little too early and being blown out of proportion" As she spoke those words I wanted to kill Robin.

It is our efforts, not his. I was almost going to blast until I realized the absence of Ethan.

"Where's Ethan?" I asked.

"I don't know. I tried calling him a few times but he didn't pick up the call"

I nodded and we both headed towards the engagement party. I wanted to drink the whole bottle of wine but that would be inappropriate to do right now. Suddenly, I saw dad and Robin on stage and holding mics in their hands. What they are up to now?

"We would like to make a special announcement" Dad said and then continued.

"As we all know that tomorrow my son and Cheryl are going to get married. They both will be the heir of my company and will lead a happy, joyful life. But I love Cheryl just as much as I love my son Eric. So, I am going to give half of the shares of my company to Cheryl. It is I guess the most undoubtedly safest decision I've made. So cheers to that" he finished.

They signed a contract and dad handed Robin the cash which was kept in the black suitcase. Robin and dad stepped down the stage and Robin handed the box to Cheryl. He whispered something in her ear and she nodded making her way up to the room. My eyes followed her every step. Soon we all were talking, chatting and drinking. I noticed that it's been about twenty minutes and Cheryl has still didn't came down the stairs.

Now, there was something which I should be worried about. I quickly ran towards the room taking two steps at a time. I opened the door didn't bother much to knock on it. My heart sank when I saw all the stuff on the floor and she was not there. I was now thinking of the worst. What if she did cheat on all of us? I quickly ran down the stairs that suddenly the lights went off. I heard some muffling in the crowd and suddenly the lights went on again. The Patrick's were gone and Cheryl's brother was also not there. I ran towards the door that suddenly Cassandra stopped me.

"Eric wait. Look" I looked at Cassandra and she was pointing towards the door.

I looked towards the door and saw Ethan with Cheryl and her cousin. Robin and Emma were there as well. I went towards them with utmost rage. I pushed Robin on the ground and started throwing unstoppable punches until I was pushed back by Ethan. And now I remembered who Robert was. It was not her cousin but her boyfriend to whom she met that night. Everything was now making sense. Everything. And all I wanted to do right now was torture them so much. And none other I wanted to go to Alissa.
**************************
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment💖