Chapter 31

Eleanor

I am with Alissa at a restaurant. It's 7:28 pm. She is being very serious right now. I've been here for the past 1 hour but till now I just came to know is that Eric is getting married. Now, after just listening to this I came on to the conclusion that is Alissa loved Eric but Eric is getting married to someone else and now she wants someone to pick up her broken pieces and I will do it. That is what friends are here for. She took a deep breath and took a big gulp full of water. Tears formed at the corner of her eyes. I hold her hand and gave it a little squeeze.

"C'mon tell me now. What's wrong?" I asked. Although, I already know what is wrong. But just to make sure. I want her to open up in front of me.

"E-Eric" She said and sobbed....again.

"He is getting married" She said between her sobbing.

"Alissa, I already know that. But, I want to know why you are crying about him getting married. He should be the one crying right now that he is going in that hell kind of life" I said. I am not against marriage but just to make her feel a little better I said that.

"I-I.... don't want h-him to g-get married...." She said and sobbed.

Few eyes were now on us. They probably must be thinking that some big problem has come upon us but nah. It's not that big of a problem.

"Why do you not want him to get married?" I asked. Not expecting to get an answer but sometimes wishes come true.

"He is mine" She said. Oh! Knew it. She then started to cry like a baby. She was making some weird sounds. When small babies cry, the kind of noises come out of their noses. It is exactly that kind of sound. But I don't have to laugh or even giggle. Otherwise, she will kill me.

"Okay. Okay. Now Alissa listen to me. When someone doesn't keep us as their first priority we should have that much self-respect for us to not give that person much importance or keep that person as our topmost priority. Girls were never born to run behind a boy or to be treated as an option. Alissa, you have to dust off yourself and keep your chin up and show like you don't give a shit. You understand me. Now wipe off your tears and smile" I said kinda proud of my little speech.

Some girls who were sitting next to our table gave me a little applause. I smiled and then and looked at Alissa. She was staring at the table. With one hand she wiped her tears and the other hand was clutching the glass of water very tightly. She took a deep breath and got up from her chair and walked towards the exit. I followed closely behind her. She turned around and said "You are right. I am not going to keep him as my top priority. I am not going to cry for him"

She walked out of the restaurant and I smiled and sat with her in her car. She was sitting in the driver's seat and was looking out of the window. There was a brief silence in the car. The sound which was audible right now was of the motorbikes outside. I wanted to give Alissa as much time she wanted, because that is the only way, she will let out her emotions. Alissa has already suffered through lots of things from a very early age, so she deserves a break from all of this mess.

She took a deep breath and started and I was ready to hear "When I first met Eric, I did not liked him. I thought he was aggressive and rude and bossy and every arrogant word you could ever think for someone. But, the night in the club it all changed. He took me to his house and kissed me. It was the best kiss, to be honest. Although, I didn't kiss back. But I felt something. He threw me out of his house and from the next day he became so charming. He took me to an amusement park. He solved my small problems. Took me to a restaurant. He always listened to me and I started to feel so much for him. I accepted that feeling a long time back but couldn't wrap my head around it. But when he told me that his fiance is coming I was devastated. I felt so many parts of my happiness be destroyed. I didn't know how to react. But now I know that I really do have a special place for him in my heart and I want him to be mine. But I know it is not possible"

Tears ran down her cheek and now I understood what true love actually means for few people which I was taking for granted.
*********************
Hope you all liked this chapter and if you did please comment and vote for this chapter 💖