Chapter 17

Eric reached home and noticed everyone was looking quite happy today. Happier than usual. He thought maybe because of Cassandra. He went to them and sat on the couch near Cassandra. He looked at everybody and they were looking at Eric. Cassandra had a huge grin plastered on her face. He felt that something was not good for him.

He raised an eyebrow and asked

"Why are you all staring at me?"

They all smiled and Cassandra said

"Because you are getting married. You didn't even tell me. How lucky Cheryl will be to have you" Cassandra said in a tone of excitement.

Eric looked at his parents and they looked at him with a look of 'don't you dare tell her'

He took a sharp breath and just smiled at Cassandra. Of course, he couldn't tell his sister about it. He doesn't want her to be sad or be upset for him. Cassandra went to her room after few minutes of chatting. Eric made sure that she is in her room so that he can talk to his parents.

"What the bloody hell" He said through gritted teeth. He was fuming with anger.

"What? You know that you are getting married to Cheryl. Why are you behaving like this then?" Richard said with an irritated tone.

"I never said yes" Eric said.

"Then I guess I have to-" He got interrupted by Eric shout.

"Can you stop threatening me, dad? Go and have a god damn life" Eric was so angry that all these words came out of his mouth. Although he didn't regret saying those words.

"I hope you haven't forgotten that I am your father" Richard said, surprised that his son would talk to him like that. Josephine covered her mouth with her hand. She thought to speak.

"Son, what happened?"

"Oh for god's sake, stop behaving like you really care about me" Eric angrily said.

"Better show some respect, Eric. Get lost" Richard had enough now, so he dismissed him.

Eric huffed in anger and went away from there. He entered his room and throw himself on the bed. He didn't want to get married. But if he goes against it, Richard will bring him down in the swap of his fingers. He slowly drifted off to sleep.

When he woke up it was already 8:00 am. It has become his routine to skip dinner these days. He most of the times get angry with his parents that he skip dinner or sometimes he goes to clubs and spend a night there. He got up and got ready and went off to his company.

He reached there and went to his cabin. He skipped his breakfast as well. He went to the cafeteria and ordered a coffee and went to the other counter and ordered a sandwich. He went to his cabin and started eating. When he was done eating his food, he started to do his work. He checked the time and it was 9:30

There is still some time left for Alissa to arrive. He was just thinking about Alissa. He was so fascinated by her beauty. Time slowly passes and Alissa came to the office. As soon as she came Eric called her to her cabin.

"Alissa I hope you have brought the required stuff with you which you have to take to the meeting?"

"Yes sir" Alissa replied.

"Good, go and check out the email, which he must have sent you, the address for the meeting. Write it down somewhere and bring it with you" Alissa nodded and left.

Time passes and Eric stood up from his seat at 1:30 pm.
Cause the meeting will take place at 2:30 and Eric is punctual of time. He went to Alissa's cabin. He thought for a second whether to knock or not. But as usual, his ego of 'being the CEO' came in the way and he without knocking on the door entered her cabin.

Alissa looked shocked at first but quickly covered up her expression.

"We are leaving for the meeting" he stated and left.

Alissa took her pen and the small file in which she will write down the notes. Alissa came out of her cabin and saw Eric waiting for her. She walked towards him and he pressed the button of the elevator. The doors opened and they both stepped inside of it.

Alissa was feeling a little hot and uncomfortable. She was standing in the corner, looking like she is trying to get inside the wall, to Eric, it seems like she is scared of him. The elevator seemed to take time to go down today. Maybe it was just their imagination, cause they both are feeling uncomfortable.

Finally, the elevator came to stop and then the doors opened. Alissa waited for Eric to go out of the elevator but Eric put his hand out and gestured her to go first by saying

"Ladies first"

Alissa mouthed a 'thank you' and went out of the elevator and Eric came out behind her. Alissa slowed her speed of walking to let Eric come in front. Eric told the receptionist that they are going for a meeting. Eric went towards his Lamborghini and opened the door of the car for Alissa.

Why he is being such a gentleman today?

Alissa thought to herself. Eric came and sat on the driver's seat. He started the ignition and drove off.

"Alissa tell me the address" Eric said.

She took out her cell phone as she saved the address in her cell phone. She told him the address and he nodded. The car ride was silent and it was getting awkward for both of them. So, Eric decided to put on the radio The song which came made the atmosphere more tensed.

Private show by Little mix.

The song was playing and Eric didn't stop the song, although he was also feeling uncomfortable.

We're touching, we're teasing
We don't need a reason
And I've got a feeling
That soon we'll be leaving
Right from the get go
You had me at hello
Can't wait so let's go
Cause you're the only one that's taking me home

Can't wait to get in my zone
Who said we got to go slow
Turn down the lights, and watch my private show
You got a ticket for all
To get high, we got to get low
Because this is your private show

Eric punched the stop button that it almost broke down. Alissa looked at it with wide eyes. She looked at Eric who was clenching his jaw and frowning. Alissa's cheeks were heated up. Suddenly the car came to a halt. She looked at the hotel, it was looking beautiful and high class.

They both came out of the car and entered the hotel. Eric talked to the receptionist and Eric and Alissa went inside the elevator, they stopped on floor '23' and came out of the elevator. They entered the conference room. There were only a few people. Eric took a seat and Alissa took a seat next to him. The meeting started in a few minutes. Mr Smith was there, the centre of attraction.

The meeting continued for the next two hours. Alissa could feel that Eric was looking at her from the side of his eyes. Her body was burning from the thought. She was writing all the important stuff. When the meeting was finally over they all got up and Eric and Mr Smith were talking about something. Alissa was awkwardly standing behind Eric. When they stopped talking Eric gave him a handshake and they both were heading outside but Mr Smith stopped Alissa and said "Who is this beauty?"

Eric frowned but covered it up with a small smile.

"She is my PA" Eric said emphasising the word 'my'.

Alissa smile and Mr Smith gave her a flirtatious smile. Eric glared at him a little and left the room with Alissa. They both head down and sat in his car.

"You don't have to talk to him" Eric announced.

"But I didn't talk to him sir" Alissa protests.

"I know, but when you are with me you can't even look at a person. Better keep this thing in your mind" Eric said.

Alissa stared at him like he has grown two head.
Thinking what is wrong with him? Why is he acting like this? She doesn't want him to behave as he cares for her. He is possessive towards her.
***************************
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment.

Thank you for voting. And also a huge thank you to those who are reading my story.
It means a lot💖