Chapter 29

Alissa

Few days passed and Eric has promised me that he will catch that culprit who has done this kind of thing with my sister. So, let's keep that topic aside for a few days and concentrate on the work. I believe Eric and I know that he will make everything better. These days I really feel attracted towards Eric. I just keep on staring at him most of the times. Today he caught me staring at him and when I diverted my eyes he laughed and I felt so embarrassed. I just want to start so many things again. I want to just make everything better.

Eric has called me in his cabin during lunchtime. I am just thinking about what it possibly could be. These nights I mostly think about Eric and start to laugh or blush. I feel like it is not normal. I don't act like this normally. Hopefully, I don't have to get myself checked by a doctor. During lunch, I slowly made my way towards Eric's cabin and knocked on his door. He allowed and I went in. He smiled when he looked at me and I smiled too.

He got up from his chair and slowly made his way towards me.

"Wanna go to a restaurant for lunch?" He asked.

Oh!

"Oh! No. It's fine" I said. It would be awkward to go to lunch with your boss during your duty.

"No, it's not fine. Come. Let's go" He said and went out of the cabin.

I followed him behind and soon we were standing in front of his car. He opened the passenger seat for me and I gave him a sweet smile. He sat on the driver's seat and started the ignition. He drove to a small and simple restaurant and we both entered the restaurant. We went towards the receptionist. She looked at Eric and her face light up. She gave him the biggest smile and pulled out the gum from her mouth and threw it into the dustbin.

Disgusting!

Eric with a straight face said "Table for two"

She nodded and called for a waitress. The waitress guided us to our table. It was near the window so I was happy with it. She was purposely trying to make a conversation with Eric but he was not even listening to her. We both sat on our chairs and that waitress gave us the two menu cards and dismissed herself.

"So, what do you want to have?" Eric asked casually, not looking like two girls have just tried to hit on him.

I looked at the menu card not actually reading what was written cause I had already decided what I want to eat.

"One cheese sandwich" I said and Eric nodded.

"Me too"

He called the waitress and gave her the orders. She winked at Eric and went away. I looked at her with amusement. Eric just chuckled and said "It is my daily routine now"

I just nodded and I didn't know what to say. I am very bad at making conversation.
So, I just tried asking him about his family.

"So, that girl Cassandra is your sister?" I already knew that she was his sister but still I have to speak something.

"Yeah" He said.

"So, you liked that night?" He asked

"Which night?"

"Amusement park" he said.

"Oh yeah! It was lovely"

"Very lovely" he looked straight into my eyes and said which caused to make me blush a little.

"You look cute when you blush" he said making me giggle.

"Stop it" I said in between my giggles and he laughed.

Soon our cheese sandwiches came and we both started eating. We didn't speak for that meantime. The waitress was coming over and over again just to keep an eye on Eric which was making my blood boil now. How can one be so annoying? When we finished our lunch Eric got up to pay. I told him that I will pay but he insisted.

We went out of the restaurant and went straight to the car. I wanted to talk to him but couldn't make any conversation. Suddenly he brought his car to a halt. I looked at him and he was looking at me through his intense eyes.

"Alissa I brought you here because I wanted to tell you something. But I couldn't. So now I am telling you" He said.

I looked at him. There were millions of thoughts that were roaming inside of my head. But, somewhere in my heart, I was hoping for him to say that. I wanted him to say that.

"My fiance is arriving tomorrow. I wanted to tell you but couldn't get much time" He said.

What? My throat got dry. I lump grew up in my throat. My mind was completely and totally blank. Why was he saying this? Why did he say this? Why did I expect something else? The world around me just turned. Like, out of the blue he just said that. I wanted to hit my head on a wall. I was so stupid. I now know I will never get what I want. And that is true love....
*********************
Hope you guys liked this chapter. Please vote and comment 💖

Share this story if you like and please follow me.