Chapter 8

Alissa woke up at 7:30. She stretched her arms in the air and let out a loud yawn. She clumsily got up from her bed and went to her bathroom. She brushed her teeth and took a shower. She wrapped the towel around her and came out of her bathroom. She opened her closet and started to decide what she wants to wear.

Finally, she chose a black pencil skirt and a red top. She applied a little bit of make-up and slightly curled her hair. She wore black heels, so she was looking quite taller. She saw Jade sleeping. She woke her up as she is getting taught at home. Cause, children bullied her in school so she is not much confident. Alissa told her so many times to ignore them but she is scared.

Jade got up and said "Good morning"

Alissa smiled and kissed her forehead.

She cooked breakfast and then she looked at the time. 9:00

"I better leave now" Alissa said.

Jade smiled and said "Yeah...Have a good day"

"Yeah..you too"

And with that, she left. She waited for the taxi for like 15 minutes when finally one came. She sat in the taxi and it took 20 minutes to reach the building. She paid the amount to the taxi driver and started to walk towards the building. As she entered the building there she saw complete pin drop silence.

Everyone, doing their work and all.

She was 25 minutes early though.

She walked towards the receptionist and said "Hello, I am Alissa Lawrence. Personal secretary of Eric Williams. Can you please tell me where my cabin is?" Alissa said as much politely she could. Cause she still does remember how this receptionist insulted her.

She raised an eyebrow and said "Go to floor 44 and then find it out yourself" She said a bit rudely.

Alissa went towards the elevator and pressed the 44-floor button. As soon as the doors opened she stepped out of the elevator. She went down the corridor and on the left.

'Mr.arrogant'

She thought to herself. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in" A raspy voice came from inside.

She opened the door and saw Eric doing something on his laptop and his eyebrows are scrunched up. She closed the door behind her and walked towards Eric.

"Good morning sir" She said with confidence. Or you can say tried to say it with confidence.

"Oh, you are early but that's impressive, a little bit. Josh will show you your cabin and there are some files on your table, show them to me today when you will complete them. Other, when I will call you on your telephone it means I need coffee or it can also be some other work, although most of the time I email if I want something. That I will tell you afterwards. You will also handle my meetings and will also come with me to the meetings. That's all for now, you can go. Josh is outside only, go down the corridor you will probably find him there" He said everything so professionally and Alissa memorized everything he said.

"Okay, sir. Thank you" Alissa said and left.

She went down the corridor and saw Josh there laughing while looking at his phone. Alissa cleared her throat so that she could get his attention.

He looked at her and smiled "Hey, Alissa right?" He said. Alissa smiled and nodded.

"Umm...Mr.Williams said that you will show me my cabin" Alissa said shyly. Josh laughed slightly, seeing how shy Alissa really is.

"First, I'll show you other places then, at last, your cabin. So follow me" Josh said and Alissa started following him. They went in the opposite direction and climbed down the stairs which were on the left and went straight to where their cafe was and also a small place to have their lunch. Then they climbed up those stairs and went down the corridor where Eric's cabin is and straight to Josh's cabin.

"This is my cabin, if you need any help you can come here" He said.

Alissa nodded and said, "Is there any other place I should probably know where it is?" Alissa asked.

"Oh, yeah. Follow me" He went straight and to the left.

Alissa's cheeks went red as she saw where he has brought her.

"Emergency. Y'know. Nature's call. Anytime it can happen" Josh said it so casually.

"It is a washroom" Alissa said.

"Yeah, toilet" Josh said.

"Yeah...I meant the same...Washroom?" Alissa said again.

"You girls are so...."

"So what?"

"You know always saying those appropriate words. Like toilet is not a bad word or something. Why do you cringe at that?" Josh asked laughing.

"Doesn't matter. Where is my cabin?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah. Follow me"

Alissa started to follow him again. He took her to her cabin which was not very far from Eric's cabin.

"Thanks" Alissa said.

Josh winked at her "No problem. Um...have to go. Have a good day" He said.

Alissa smiled and entered her cabin.

It was a medium-sized cabin. There was a huge window. A small shelf for files. She sat on her chair which was very comfortable. She started to do her work. There were only 3 files for now. She completed them and then took them to Eric's cabin.

She knocked on the door and he said "Come in"

She went inside and close the door behind.

"Sir, here are those files" She said trying not to sound nervous.

"Okay, go and bring me a cup of coffee" He said.

"Only two spoon of sugar" Alissa nodded.

She went to the cafe and ordered the coffee. She brought it to Eric's cabin.

"Put it on my table" He ordered.

She kept the cup on the table carefully. Suddenly, Eric's file fell off the table.

"Oh..." He said.

"I'll do it" Alissa said quickly.

She went in that direction and bent down to pick up the files and

Screech.....

Alissa's eyes almost popped out as she heard the sound. She looked at her skirt.

Dammit

She thought. She hoped that Eric hasn't heard that sound. She picked up those files and kept them on the table.

Her cheeks were flushed red. She was hoping that Eric wouldn't have seen it. She was trying to hide it with the help of her hand by placing it there.

"Shall I leave sir?" She asked and he nodded.

As she opened the door Eric called her.

"Hey, Alissa....Next time wear something which you can carry" He said. His expressions were..... expressionless.

And Alissa quickly ran away from there.
***************************
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment💖