Chapter 35

Eric
I was in my thoughts when I heard someone....crying? Some sniffled sounds were coming from the field. I went to the field and saw a girl sitting and crying. Wait.....Is that Alissa? I quickly went towards the bench on which she was sitting. I was standing behind her bench and was looking at her. Her elbows were on her thighs and her hands were on her face. I couldn't stand watching her crying like this. I put my arm on her shoulder and she quickly turned around. As she watched me I looked into her eyes and felt torn apart when I could only see anger and hatred. Why? Have I done something? What is wrong? She got up and looked at me like she would just beat the shit out of me.

"What do you want from me, Eric?" She asked, fuming with anger.

"I just want your forgiveness?" I said.

"Stop it, Eric!!! For the sake of my life just stop it. I have had enough now" She shouted.

"Alissa please. Don't say that. What happened?" I said.

"You have already ruined my life, Eric. Please go away. I came to your company so that my life would come back to the right track. But it just got worse and worse, everyone just always leaves me. And all thanks to you. Eric Williams, the CEO and also the most popular one among the girls. Let's give a standing ovation to you, you earned it" She said and started clapping.

I couldn't watch this sight. It is just so painful. I wanted to kiss her and tell her it is nothing like that.

"Alissa please stop?" I literally begged. Her mascara was flowing down her cheeks. She was looking so done with her life.

"I am just another girl in your life Eric. I am also part of that long long list now. A never-ending list of girls whom Eric Williams has snogged with. Yeah, that is what it is. I am here doing my job so that I can provide enough facilities not to myself but my sister. And here you are taking me to your home and making me feel like a worthless girl who just roams around the city and hang out with rich boys" She said and when she said those words for her I lost it.

"Stop it, Alissa!!!" I shouted. She looked scared. Yeah, that is what I wanted right now.

I went towards her and pulled her towards me. I crashed my lips on her and hold her waist tightly yet gently. She pushed on my waist but I am too strong for her. She kept on fiddling but still was not able to get out of my grip. I deeply kissed her and finally let her go.

"What the hell is your problem?" She shouted.

"My problem is that you take my love for granted. You think that I am the same person like I am with every other girl but no. I can't get you out of my head Alissa. I want to spend my life with you but you never give me the chance to do that. From the day I saw you I got head over heels for you. But, you are so reserved that you don't see my love. The day I spent with you in the amusement park was the best day of my life Alissa. I swear. I felt so alive. I felt like I have a heart. That I can also love. And yes I love you, Alissa Lawrence. I am head over heels for you and only you. Please give me the privilege to call you mine" She looked shocked at my words.

Tears were still falling from her eyes. She was staring at me like I have said something which she never expected. Actually, I also never expected myself to say all these things. I walked towards her and took her hands in mine. I slowly put my lips on her and this time she didn't move away in fact she kissed back. The kiss was sweet and soft. We were cherishing this moment. I felt so happy.

"Alissa what do you want to say. Will you be mine?" I asked

"Eric what about Cheryl?" She asked.

"I'll handle it" I said but in reality, I didn't know-how.

She just stared at me and gave me a warm hug. I hugged her back and I felt so relieved.

"Yes, Eric. I would love to" She said and I went on cloud nine. How did I get so lucky?

"Alissa, sorry for making you feel like a worthless girl. I always had this feeling for you but I am so bad at this. While others hold a PhD in it" I said and she giggled. Her giggle-filled my ears. Her laugh is so melodious that I could listen to it for my whole lifetime.

She pulled back her face. Her arms were still around my neck and our faces were just inches apart. She slowly captured my lips and I felt so happy. We both kissed and the moment was so amazing. She pulled back and smiled at me. Suddenly a question arose in my mind.

"Alissa if you don't mind can I just ask you something?" I asked

"Sure"

"Why did you said that everyone always leaves you?" I asked and regretted asking that question because her face just lost the calmness and smile from her face.

"If you don't want to answer it is okay then" I said.

"If you'll hear it, you will no longer love me" She said.

"There is nothing in the world which will reduce my love for you" I said and she went towards the bench and we both sat there. I patiently waited for her to start.

"I was only 17 when this happened. There was this boy Joel Howard. He was my first boyfriend. We were just like any other crazy couples in love. My life revolved around him. One day I came to our home. We lived in the same house. We both were watching a movie that his cell phone was continuously going off. He attended the call as he went to his room when he came back he went to the washroom but his cell phone was on the table. A message popped up and I decided to open the message. It was from a person I didn't know who that person is. But he wrote "I am sending some new pills. Mix them up in her food" I felt a little scared when I read the message. I quickly kept his cell phone back and didn't say anything. He was normal. Suddenly, he asked to go to the club. I couldn't say no so I accepted his offer. We both were in the club that suddenly he took me to a room and threw me on the bed. I screamed for help but no one came. He took out something from his pocket and made me swallow it. I felt dizzy and before I could do something darkness clouded over me. When I woke up my clothes were on the floor and I felt a stinging pain. I knew what it was. I quickly wore the clothes and cried my heart out. I even thought to kill myself. But I didn't want to that just for Jade. I went to the home which I shared with Joel. He was there and when I got there he was acting so casual like nothing ever happened. I went towards him and slapped him. He looked like he is not bothered. He picked up a contract which surprisingly had my sign. It was written that I am going for an abortion which would be legal and is under my consent. And everything suddenly made sense. He completed his pleasure, he used to mix some kind of pills in my food and now that I am pregnant I will do the abortion. He suddenly slapped me and pulled me by my hair and injected me. And everything went black" As she ended she was crying so hard. I just wanted to kill that bastard. I hugged her tightly and she cried and I didn't stop her. I was shocked to see how brave she is and I still love her.
*******************************
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. This one was quite long. Hopefully, you like it please vote and comment💖