17

Short fluf chapter to fix my broken heart

I mean what kind of man am I? I can't even cook tatter tots at 3:23AM and not drop em

~[Josh's pov]~

Blinding light pierced my iris, using it as a door way to go through my brain and pounce on the inside on my skull.

The first thing I did was reach out for a frame of a man who was the only thing that looked familiar

"Brendon?" I rasped out as his fingers twisted with mine

"Hey Josh" he chuckled as I blinked the fuzzyness away turning my head to the other side

"Tyler" I smiled as he leaned over me the second I saw him everything became clear, my vision and my thinking.

"Josh" a tear fell off his cheek and hit my shoulder "I- I'm sorry. " He rubbed his cheek "I'm happy your okay"

"What happened" I looked around realizing I was still at the vet with no memory of what happened after talking with Tyler.

My blood ran cold after looking into Tyler's eyes, they where different somehow like a thousand burning Willow trees had filled his soul with a new passion.

"Your alive" Tyler laughed out softly as I sat up, gripping my side.

"But is.." I turned to look at Brendon once more

"Four dead many other injured, they weren't as badly hurt as you though"

"Who" I asked

"Josh " Brendon began but I cut him off

"Who" I barked at him "who the fuck died in vain"

"Joel, Maria, Faith, and " Brendon paused "dad"

----
Brendon had left me and Tyler alone after he said Dad was dead, he tried to get Tyler to come but I asked for him to stay as I rested more.

Even though I couldn't rest after getting a mix of emotions, Brendon was the one to take over now, and if something happened to him, then it'll be me.

"Do you wanna talk about it" Tyler asked softly

"No I think I'm okay"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I know Joel, Maria, and Faith are in heaven"

"What about your dad?".

I rubbed my eyes "even Satan will be Impressed"

"Brendon had an idea," Tyler said slowly "for me to go home, and for you to get your money. We're gonna con my dad"

I sighed, Tyler looked so happy at the idea but Brendon was always coming up with ideas that never worked "Ty-"

"Even the killjoys are gonna help! The let me choose a name too"

"The killjoys normally choose a name for you" 

"It gave me something to do, while waiting for you. Does it hurt?"

"Did it hurt when I shot you?" I raised an eyebrow

"I was on painkillers, you aren't"

"I guess I don't feel anything, anymore" it did hurt but lying to Tyler was easier then being weak

"Oh," he bit his lip

"So.." I looked into his eyes " tell me about the plan for you to go home?"

Tyler breathed in with a smile and a spark in his eyes.

He was talking but my eyes roamed over his lips for a short moment, everything slowed down and changed to the motel room where I got annoyed at his no homo claim and kissed him.

And as I kissed him I realize I never wanted to stop kissing Tyler but he was young. Too young which made me pull away, he was only 17 and I was 21.

God I'm a horrible human who's probably going to hell.

"And then the killjoys will come get me out"

I snapped up at his eyes "that's their speciality" I smiled

"What do you think?"

I knew Brendon, I knew his thinking style which made it easy to reply "It'll need some adjustments"

"That's true" Tyler sighed "but I know we can do it. And I can go home!"

He laughed and hugged me, I gasped in surprise
"Tyler" I breathed out

"I'll miss you once I'm home" he whispered to me "I really will and I won't tell anyone"

I slowly wrapped my warms around him dismissing the pain "I'll miss you too"

----
be thankful I was gonna make it so Tyler left without ever seeing Josh wake up but I couldn't even do that to myself