9

With my eyes closed I focused on my breathing, like my therapist taught me. I stayed still and leaned on Josh ever so slightly. Josh's warm fingers intertwined with mine as he talked to the desk lady, he held my hand sternly as she gave us the proper information about renting a room for the night, I only picked up on a couple things; room twenty-one, keep noise down, no pool after 8 or before, leave sign for the cleaning lady wether it was to not bother or get to work, etc.

Josh was a fast walker and with my tired body I struggled to keep up with him as he searched for our room, I couldn't even lag behind despite the fact we're holding hands, I had to be next to him at all times, my hip could feel the gun wedged between he skin and pants, or was it a knife?

"Here" Josh mumbled as he used the key card and open the door and let out a creeking sound and made it sound haunted. He pushed me in and I stumbled to the bed, letting my body dropped and snuggle up with the blankets.

The door clicked close and joshed turn on the lamp, the only reaction I had was turning my head so I couldn't see it.

"This blanket is ichy" I complained to no one

"Have you even been in motel?" Josh laughed and stood in front of me

"Where's my blue one" I whined

"What?" Josh blinked

"The one you gave me?" I looked up with a frown "I want that one"

"Uh" Josh looked nervous

"When we left Idaho?" I sat up "you gave me Xanax.. to keep me from having a panic attack. And the blanket, to hide my handcuffs, well that's what you said but you knew, you knew I was cold" I played with the clothes on my torso, Josh's clothes "you gave me a thin blue blanket and I want it"

"It's in the back pack.." Josh whispered "I'm going soft..." He trailed off " I swear to God if I come back and your gone-" Josh walked over to the door "ugh!" He walked back over and grabbed the cuffs from his pocket. I squirmed as he locked me to the bed post, telling, pleading, that I wouldn't try anything but he didn't listen.

I huffed and he closed the door and kicked my legs into the mattress in a puff of rage. This was so humiliating.

I used my free hand and grabbed a pillow to scream into.

Screaming became useless so I dropped the pillowed and  closed my eyes, remembering what my therapist said about using what I can to get by with whatever was making me feel this way

I relaxed my jaw letting it open and began to sing softly to myself. The only thing that was I could think of was lyrics to a new song, one I've never written down before.

I won't take much of your time
I just want you to see
What I have made inside these lines

It's as good as I can be

This is all that I can be

All that I can be
Head tilted down, knees on the ground

And I will ask, "Please. SAVE! Save me! Please, save me!
Save, save, save, save, save, save, save me.
Save me, save me, save me, save me, save me, save me.'