IST begins (E4.1)

I heard a muffled siren.
Getting up with a jerk, I smashed on the alarm clock. Thank god it didn't break.

It was 4 in the morning, freaking cold, and every single muscle in my body was hard as a rock.
I never expected I'll have to use this much strength to just get up from the bed.
I went to take a shower and froze, literally.
My hair would just rip off my skin, the goosebumps were so bad.

It's going to be really really tough taking shower every morning in this ice cold water.
With shaking body and chattering teeth, I got into white T and shorts, the mandatory PT uniform.
The uniform barely saved from the cold.

I looked at Nick sleeping with only his face outside the blanket. For the first time in my life, I was jealous of my brother. Taking a deep breath, I turned and left silently, hoping I didn't wake him up.

I reached the ground and found him standing there. My heart skipped a beat.
I greeted him with a salute and clear 'Good morning sir.'
He turned around and nodded "Morning cadet. Ready for the IST?"
This is it. This is where it begins. This is where comfort kicks out and discipline enters.

"Ready, sir!"
"Come with me then." and he started running.
I followed him.
We crossed the main gate and the guard gave me a horrified look. I tried to shake off that image and focused back on him.

"Come on, faster." His voice was very clear, as if he's sitting comfortably in his room. I was barely breathing, forget about running faster like he said.
Gaining some strength I replied "Yes sir" and tried to bring out my reserves.
A chill went up my spine when I realised that we were miles away from the academy and still running in a direction away from it.
If he decides to stop and turn back rightaway, then also I have to struggle through these miles to reach back alive.

I shook off the guard's image which was making a special appearance again, and prayed to god to help me somehow.
And He heard me. Father decided to stop after a few miles, and take a break. I fell on the ground while he just swiped a few drops of sweat off his forehead.
He looked at my sorry figure and picked up my feet, dragged me on the ground and placed my feet on a stone at some height.
I felt like a feather to him.

"We will add half a mile from here, every week." he informed me. I swallowed through my dry throat and just nodded, not that I could say No.
After few minutes, when I felt I could live a few more minutes, he offered his hand and pulled me up.

"Everytime you make me stop for you, the day gets worse."
Now that's a gentle warning.

I lagged behind him multiple times, as expected, and he ran back to me everytime, to kick me forward. My stars were having a earthquake up in the sky everytime I stopped to catch the holy breath.

We reached back. Before I could look at the guard again, he pointed at the ground. I dropped and heard him say commando crawl.
That's going to hurt.
The ground is almost a mile from here.
I said sorry to my elbows and shoulders and began.

I was about to give up when we reached the ground. "Hurry up, finish before the boys come." he shouted and I did as ordered.

I knew there still is a lot of time for others to come, I was in fact trying to cut down the gap, I'll have to sweat less. But he is my father for a reason.

Quick reps of crunches amd Pushups awaited me, with additions if my speed goes below his liking.
I felt as tired as I would be by the end of a normal training day, and hell the day hasn't even started!

First to report was Nick who looked at me from top to bottom, covered in sweat and mud.

"Don't feel sorry for him, you're not helping him by doing that." Father said looking at Nick.
He nodded in response and looked straight instead.

"If you survive today without fainting, I'll go easy on you this Sunday." he focused back on me.
He was talking about a day which is five days from now. You'll see father, because I'll be in med care room for sure.

"Yes sir!" the mandatory respectful reply is all I could give, at that moment.

************************************

This begins the entries on Will's training under Col James.
It will be updated with gaps and other stories in between, so please don't mind...