Chapter 69

Alaiza

Alaiza

We finally get through the sea of people and be able to get into the venue. I close my eyes with a smile. I really wanted to jump up in happiness but I stopped myself from embarrassing myself in front of these nice-looking and well-dressed people.

Everyone looked like they're just coming down from heaven. Women were dressed in beautiful dresses, some are lace dresses, some are sheath dresses. All Men were dressed in a very expensive-looking suit. Everyone is holding a glass of champagne in their hand as they talk to each other. They are all looking so fancy.

How can they're all drinking this early in the morning? Will they last till tonight?

"Alaiza, come on. Don't just stand there", Nathan pushes me forward and I look around. This venue is incredibly big, there are tables everywhere and in the middle of the room, there are runways and I know for sure that Lily will slay that runway for sure. Nathan is standing beside me but I can't see Alice or Ethan.

Where are they?

"Where are your parents ?", I ask Nathan and he looks around too.

"I don't know. Maybe they went to greet their friends, I guess", Nathan shrugged. A waiter passed with a tray of champagne and Nathan stopped him and took two glasses. He hands it to me and I shake my head.

"I'm a very light drinker, I won't last till tonight if I drink it now", I tell Nathan.

"Okay then, more for me", Nathan gulps down both of the glasses in less than a minute and I cover my mouth with my face. I think he'll pass out in a minute.

"Don't worry. I won't pass out, I've done this many times, trust me", Nathan tells me and puts both of the glasses on the table beside us.

"So when will the fashion show happened ?", I ask Nathan.

"At night, I think. Maybe midnight ?", Nathan tells me and I gave him a shocked look.

"Then why are we here for the entire day then? We could've just come here at night", I tell him.

"Babe, listen. They have a fashion show at midnight but there so many other important things you can do here. Like making friends, meeting businessman...or explore the new clothing line. And in the afternoon, we'll be gathering around and eat some foods and businessman that attended will give speeches. At night, people will put products for rich-idiots people to bid in. Honestly, they just do that to show off the amount of money they have. And after that, the fashion will act as the closing ceremony", Nathan tells me and I look at him, wide eyes.

"Wait, wait, wait...They sell clothes here ?", I ask Nathan and he nods.

"Is that all you can get from what I said earlier?. Also, Yes, but I don't think they sell it, only for display purposes but many famous clothing brands are displaying their new products, that are haven't seen before, right now in the other room. But if you wanted to buy anything from there, there will be a chance since there is also a bidding that will happen at night", He puts his hands in his pocket and I look at him in excitement.