Chapter 68

Alaiza

Alaiza

"Knock Knock", An all too familiar voice echoed through the room and I quickly look at myself in the mirror.

Shit! I looked like shit. Absolute shit!!

I forgot that I have makeup on so I cried because of the memory that I tried to forget but never succeeded.

"Alaiza, where are you? Are in here ?", Nathan shouts and his voice echoed in the entire room.

"Yes, I'm in the bathroom, I'm getting ready", I tell him and I can hear his footsteps is getting closer to the bathroom.

"What are you doing in there? We should leave for the event now", He tells me.

"Yes, one minute", I tell him and he went quiet.

Did he leave?

"Alaiza, babe. Are you crying ?", He asks me, worried filled his voice.

"What? No, I'm not crying". I'm feeling so guilty right now for lying.

"No, you're lying. You sounded like you just cried a minute ago", Nathan tells me. He opens the door but I already locked it.

"Alaiza, open it right now", He shouts and I cover my ear with my hands.

"No, give me a minute. I'll be alright", I tell him but I can feel that he's using all of his force to break the door.

"Nathan, stop pushing the door, you'll break it", I shout at him.

"So what should I do? Leave you all alone in there? It's either you open the door for me or I'll break in", He tells me and I sigh. I walk over to open the door and he rushes in. He cupped my cheek and look at my smudged face.

"Why? What happened? Why are you crying? Did Laxy did something wrong to you ?", He quickly asks me and I shake my head.

"No, it's nothing. Forget it", I tell him and he sighs.

"You know that you can tell me anything right ?", He asks me and I nod.

"Yes, but not now", I tell him and he looks like he wanted to ask more question. I tiptoed and kiss him. He quickly responds by moving his lips against mine. I pull away and look at him.

"My face. My makeup is a smudge. What should I do ?", I ask Nathan and he thinks for a moment before speaking.

"Don't worry. I'll tell Laxy to fix it", Nathan tells me and pulls me outside the room with him after I took my phone and purse.

"Laxy, LAXY ?", Nathan shouts and everyone in the house looked alert. "Go and tell Laxy to not go yet and come back", Nathan orders one of the maids and she nods before quickly running out. A few minutes later, Laxy walks in with her makeup box and look at me.

"Gosh, are you crying, dear ?", She asks me and I shake my head.

"No, I accidentally wash my face. I'm so sorry", I tell her and she shakes her head. I'm also guilty about lying to Laxy since she's older than me but I needed to do it. I don't want to explain to her the exact reason why I cried.

"I often do that all the time too", Laxy tells me and I laugh. "Let me see your face", She puts her makeup box down and check my face.

"Thank god that I used most of the waterproof products on you, or else it will take hours to do your entire makeup again", She tells me and I nod.

"We just need to add a little bit more powder and your eyeliner is kinda smudge. Let's stop talking and let's start working", Laxy tells herself and she gets brushes out from her makeup box.

-*-

"Okay, we're done", Laxy looks at my face one more time and speaks. She prepares all of her belongings and put it back into her box.

"Please, don't wash your face again", Laxy tell me and both Nathan and I laugh.

"I'm pretty sure that I won't", I tell her and she smiles at me before walking out.

"Oh my, oh my. What do we have here ?", Alice speaks and everyone's head turns to look at her, who is currently walking down the stair with Ethan by her left side. She is dressed in a gorgeous white slip-dress and Ethan has on a suit, which made him looked very manly.

"Wow, Alaiza, you're very pretty", Alice speaks and walks around me in a circle, examining me from head to toe. "I really like the style of your hair", She tells me and carefully touches my hair.

"Nathan, Alaiza is very pretty. Nathan, what are you waiting for? Give us grandchildren", Alice groans and Nathan shakes his head.

"I quit", Nathan raises his hand up and walks out of the room. Clearly, I can tell that Nathan is annoyed, I just wanted to laugh.

"So are you ready ?", Ethan asks me and I nod. "Let's go then"

We all walk out of the house and I'm not even surprised when I see a black limo parked in front of our house. Nathan is probably already inside. One of the guards opens the door for me and I step in, Alice and Ethan quickly follow.

Nathan can be seen sitting alone, holding a glass wine.

How can he drink this early in the morning?

I scoot next to him and take that glass of wine away from him. He looks at me and creased his eyebrows. "I was drinking that", Nathan tells me and tries to take the glass from my hand but I gulped it down. Nathan just gasped.

"It's very strong, how can you gulped it all like that ?", Nathan asks me and I shake my head.

"What are you talking about? It's not even that...strong", My head starts to get a bit dizzy but I shake it off. I tried to be strong but apparently, I'm not.

"I can drink more than this, you know", I tell him and he smirks. "Actually, I can drink more than you", Nathan protests.

"Wow, both your son and his girlfriend are having a drinking problem", Beside me, I heard Ethan whispers to his wife.

-*-

The entire car ride was silent. I have Nathan's hand in mine the entire ride and no matter how cold the limo is, I felt the warmth inside. I look over to Nathan parents and I wanted to melt to the ground. They also have their hand folded together while Alice has her head on Ethan's shoulder. Nathan's parents are #goals.

A few more minutes, the limo came into a stop and I can already hear the sound of camera's shooting outside the limo.

News Reporters.

"Lady and Gentlemen. Now we have Ethan and Alice Archer, with their son, Nathan Archer, who is now the owner of a very well known company, The Archer Industries", I heard someone speaking and their voice echoed through the speaker.

"Why are they doing this ?", I whisper to Nathan.

"Well, like I told you, this event is very big, probably the biggest event in the entire year so there are a lot of rich people or a very well known businessman. So they think that doing this, shouting the person that is in the limo's name, is...fancy, I guess", Nathan tells me.

The limo's door open and Ethan and Alice walk out. Nathan quickly follows them and pull me with him. When we're outside, he lets go of my hand.

The camera's flashlight is very bright and I can't help but squeeze my eyes or else I'll go blind. There are a lot of news reporters and they're literally squeezing us to the car. We can't even walk into the venue.

"Who is that girl ?"

"Is she their relatives ?"

"Wow, she's pretty"

"Is she and Nathan are dating? I've seen them last night together"

Shit!!

-----------------

Thank you so much for reading. Support me by voting, commenting, follow me and share this story with your friends.

Thanks.