twenty

Chapter Twenty
Wednesday Afternoon

School had ended about 20 minutes ago, and I was well on my pathway back to my house. My car has been broken all school year, and it's currently just sitting idly in the garage. I think my father wants me to fix it on my own, but he and I both know that I don't have the initiative or know-how to even start on a project like that. I mean, I don't even know what kind of car it is, let alone what's wrong with it.

As I started to rake my brain, trying to remember all of the information my father had told me prior to handing the keys over to me, a hand was placed around my arm.

When I looked over, I locked eyes with an unfamiliar blonde kid. The sudden meeting of our eyes caused him to flinch away from me sharply, which made him trip on some stones that were oddly lining the sidewalk.

"Smooth man," A voice from behind me commented, and I turned around to see George, Brooklyn's crush. I grabbed onto my books tighter and stopped walking. He helped the kid off of the ground, and his eyes never really left my face. "really smooth."

I chuckled lightly, it masking my abundance of confusion. "Um ... what are you guys doing, and who is that, George?"

The kid raised his eyebrows at me before wiping some dirt from off of his white t-shirt

The kid raised his eyebrows at me before wiping some dirt from off of his white t-shirt. "He's Calvin, well I'm Calvin ... I just said that because you asked who's he and I'm he, well, I'm ..... I didn't mean to speak in the third person." He stumbled, and I think it was probably the cutest thing that I've seen all day.

It still didn't explain why the two of them were walking this way. "I understand, I've also never seen either of you come this way, so what gives?" I ask.

They looked between each other for a second before deciding to I guess be truthful with me. "We were on our way to your boyfriend's house." Calvin informed.

I shook my head slowly, noticing how I didn't feel a ping in my heart at the mention of Peter. We didn't break up that long ago, so this made me question the true integrity of our past relationship. "I don't have a boyfriend, Calvin." I correct, and resumed my walking.

I could hear them following in my footsteps and I mentally groaned at that, because what else could they possibly want? "Wait, you and Collin aren't together?" The blonde then inquired, which caused me to turn around in order to see his expression. He almost ran into me, but steadied himself just in time.

"No," I spoke through gritted teeth, but then decided to ease up when I saw George looking at me. "what gave you an idea like that?"

"N-Nobody, I just assumed because he always talks about you." Calvin confessed, and I honestly wouldn't put it past Collin Myers to have my name in his mouth 24/7.

Something then clicked in my head about what Calvin just said. "Used to ... I bet he wasn't talking about me today. I only say that because I don't remember him being the person to vocalize every occurrence that bruises his ego to his boys." I speak, and a confused George decided to pipe up.