fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Friday

I haven't been to school since the accident last week, and from the looks of it, this place had turned into a shrine for Lilly Kent. I decided to return today, and as I walked down the hallways, I saw wilted flowers that had been placed throughout. I didn't need to see that, and neither did Collin, who I hear hasn't been to school since then either. He was no doubt taking this harder than me, so it would take some time for him to show his face.

"I knew I saw you here this morning." Peter spoke, and placed one of his arms over my shoulder. I just smiled briefly as he bent down to kiss my cheek, since I didn't really know what to say in response. "I'm glad that you're doing better, I hate seeing you upset."

After releasing a short breath, I looked at him sweetly. "I truly am, thank you for checking in on me." He released me from his hold so that I could use my locker. He just stood up against the ones beside me in a comfortable silence. I didn't think about anything in particular, and I honestly needed time like this, to just be one with my thoughts.

But that time was short lived because George, Brooklyn's man-to-be had raced up to me for the first time ever. His olive skin looked a bit pale, and his light eyes held a lot of hope and confusion. That made me turn to him fully and tilt my head slightly to the side in curiosity.

"Have you seen Collin by any chance?" He asked while gripping onto the strap of his book bag.

I found it weird that he was asking me about the boy's whereabouts, since I literally am never seen with him in school. Maybe Collin has told him about us, similarly to how I have with Stacey and Laura. "No." I simply state, because Peter looked like he was asking himself the same question as I was.

"Okay, I just figured cause ... you know ... alright, bye." George chirped before turning on his heels and disappearing into the crowd of students.

It was the end of the day, so I shut my locker and started on my way out of the door with Peter on my heels. He pulled onto my arm gently so that he could catch up to me, and when he did, he inquired the one thing I knew he would. "What the hell did he mean by you know?" Peter asked, not really sounding suspicious.

I was getting tired of hiding Collin from Peter. I mean, I'm fine with the whole idea of having a side-piece and everything, but Peter's curiosity is driving me insane. I understand that I shouldn't even be doing this if I didn't want him questioning everything. Which is why I decided that telling him now would save us a whole lot of time and confusion.

It's one of those quit while you're ahead type things.

"I'll tell you when we get to your house, it's a lot of bullshit that I've been keeping from you for weeks." I confess, feeling a fraction of the weight being lifted from of my shoulders already. Hopefully this conversation goes a lot better than what I am picturing it will in my head right now.

30 Minutes Later

As soon as we entered his front door, I had word vomit of the mouth. I mean, he didn't even have a chance to take the key out of the lock before I started to tell him the truth.

"Collin Myers is my ... side piece or whatever you want to call it. He has been ever since that house party at the beginning of the year, and I've been keeping it from you. Yes, we still hate each other, so it's kind of something we do to let out steam. I think a part of the reason why I did it was because I couldn't find that satisfaction from you, but still, that's not an excuse for me betraying and disrespecting you." I explain.