six

Chapter Six
Tuesday

"-And don't forget to answer my FaceTime when I call you, we're all planning on doing the Calculus homework together." Brooklyn reminded, placing her hand on my shoulder to make sure that I was listening to what she said. I tend to miss her calls, since I'm usually asleep by the time she does them.

"I hear you, I'll set an alarm on my phone if that'll assure you." I offer, and the two of us continue down the hallway slowly.

Brooklyn scoffed quickly, and covered it up with a regular chuckle. The fact that I was so carefree and didn't plan out every single event in my life triggered her massive control freak nerve. "Assure me? I'm doing this for you Jennifer, you're the one who needs help."

I nodded in agreement as Laura walked up to us. Instead of following Brooklyn and I to our lockers, she doubled back and went to the classroom beside our Calculus class. If I wasn't mistaken, that was our first period, so it was weird for her to visit there.

"Sorry, I was asking the teacher if she could ... rethink this seating arrangement she gave everyone. I don't want to stare at Jennifer and Collin flirting for the entire period." Laura told Brooklyn, and my face scrunched up in annoyance. She was being very extra, I mean, bringing this to the teacher was uncalled for.

"Um, what makes you think that him and I will be flirting, and also, what part of I hate Collin Myers isn't clicking in your brain?" I question, my irritation very evident. In class, I informed Brooklyn of everything that had been going on, it's just easier if she's in the loop as well.

Brook nodded her head from beside me, agreeing with my words. "That was a bit excessive, don't you think, Laura?"

"What? No, I don't think that. You guys are screwing and I'm the crazy one for assuming P.D.A would be apart of it? And please, Jenn, you can't keep that act up for long, as I've said earlier."

"Nobody is screwing, we haven't even gotten past first base, that doesn't classify as a hook-up

"Nobody is screwing, we haven't even gotten past first base, that doesn't classify as a hook-up." I correct, and she gave me this look as if what we both said were the same thing. "I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you, I told you that I can handle this alone."

"Okay, cool, if you want me to back off, I'll do just that." Laura finally agreed, I had been trying to get her to do that ever since I opened my mouth to her about that boy. It was like she was trying to live through me or something, since she wanted me to do things according to how she would.

I just hope that she keeps her word, because I would hate to have to keep parts of my life from her.

X