nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
Tuesday Evening

As I left the girl's bathroom, I tried to get the image of Collin Myers and Laura together out of my head. I couldn't really place the emotion that I was feeling, actually, I felt weird. I wasn't hurt, and I didn't feel that ping that you get in your chest whenever you're jealous.

Why would I be green-eyed?

I've been in Laura's position before, I've cut class in order to mess around with that boy

I've been in Laura's position before, I've cut class in order to mess around with that boy. I guess what's got me so pissed off is the fact that Collin literally tracked me down at Stacey's house and tried to prove to me that he had changed. I was foolish enough to think that he was ever capable of redemption, because he was right.

He isn't shit.

"Jennifer, can you please stop walking away?" He asked from behind me, and I felt his warm hand wrap around my arm and pull me slightly. I shook free from his grip and turned to face him, noticing how he didn't look apologetic at all. Instead, he looked tired, or completely over whatever he was tired about.

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say to be honest. You were totally right that night, I shouldn't have even tried to talk you down." I realize more to myself than to him. Collin seemed genuinely hurt by what I muttered to him just a few minutes ago, but I didn't care.

He should have never met up with Laura in the restroom.

X

It was currently around 7 o'clock at night, and I was trying to stay awake so that I could go to sleep at a more reasonable time. Earlier, I came on my period, and let's just say that I wasn't feeling my absolute best. The warmth from the heating pad that I had pressed against my stomach wasn't helping the fact that I was already a few seconds away from crashing.

To make matters even better, my doorbell rang from downstairs, and with me being the only person home, I knew that I would have to open it. After groaning, I pause my television and make my way downstairs. I was expecting my father since he usually gets off of work at around this time. So imagine my shock when my mother's personal trainer walked through the door instead.

My mom has an in-home gym, which she doesn't know how to use properly. To help, she hired a trainer, and he actually isn't that bad. "Hey Steven, what's up?" I question, wondering why he was here.

He smiled at me shortly before adjusting the strap on his bag. "Hey, not much, I'm assuming that your mother's going to be away from home tomorrow or something? She called me and asked to reschedule our tomorrow session for tonight." Steve informed, talking with his free hand.

"Oh yeah, she has some kind of late meeting at work, speaking of which, she's still there ..." I trailed, thinking about what I should do. "But you're more than welcome to hang out here until she gets back, she shouldn't be long."