seven

Chapter Seven
Tuesday

I looked up at Collin, the words that he just recently uttered taking a few seconds to register in my brain. The rapid beating of his heart could be felt, and I quickly let go of his chest so it wouldn't encourage mine to do the same. I then pushed myself off of the bed and tried to find my clothes.

"What do you mean?" I panicked.

The amount of shock in my voice was evident, and I'm glad that Collin decided to be constructive by not saying anything. Lord knows that at any other time, he would have teased me about it and called me a pussy. "She thinks that I'm with a girl right now so she's on her way here." Collin elaborated, running his hands over his face. "Fuck, I can't believe this, I don't know what to do ..."

As I shoved my arms through the straps of my tank top, I debated on what I should suggest. "I'm not leaving." I quickly decide, and I watched as Collin's head whipped right over to me. He squinted slightly, having read my mind in an instant.

"I'd never ask you to, so I guess the only thing for you to do is hide." The brunette formulated, just as we heard the sound of rocks being rolled over from the driveway. It was clear that Amber had just arrived, and judging by Col's reaction, she did so a bit more faster than he had thought she would. "She must have been down the street when she called me, get your ass in the closet!"

I decided to comply instead of commenting on his bossy ass attitude. When I was positioned inside of his walk-in closet, he slid both of the doors closed. Amber rang the doorbell a few times in a row and banged on the door forcefully. Collin moved hurriedly out of his bedroom in order to answer it within a reasonable amount of time.

While he was gone I started to think about how weird this situation is. I mean, if Amber suspected Collin of cheating on her, why would she tell him she was visiting? That would provide him with enough time to cover his tracks, which is exactly what happened here. Maybe she didn't have any actual proof, and she was hoping desperately that she was wrong.

I could hear very low conversation happening downstairs, and it made me grip onto my clothes tightly. This entire situation was giving me very bad anxiety, and all of a sudden, staying here seemed like the wrong choice. It was so unlike me to chose a night with Collin over a night at home alone.

"-Nobody's in here, Amber, you're wrong!" Collin insisted, just as I heard the door to his room abruptly open. I drew in as much breath as I could to prevent myself from making any noise.

As the two of them bickered about the presence of a girl in his room, I slid to the corner of the closet, trying my best to conceal myself a little more

As the two of them bickered about the presence of a girl in his room, I slid to the corner of the closet, trying my best to conceal myself a little more. "It's so like you to lie to my face, don't think that I don't know you're lying." Amber urged, and it made me feel sort of bad because my very existence was adding to her paranoia.

Girls are lied to all of the time by boys, and it's safe to say that I've been on the receiving end of fabrication. As a another woman, instead of sneaking around with her boyfriend, I should have resisted my temptation and went to her about his advances instead. Yet here I am, with no pants on, in the back of Collin Myer's closet.