Chapter 5// Disobeying Direct Orders

Recap:

"That's right. And Im a man who attends to his word. You two are grounded for a month."

"Dad-" I tried to protest.

"A month. Now both of you go to your rooms. You will go to bed without any supper." He pointed towards the stairs.

Brent and I walk upstairs. We both know that if we mess with each other, it won't end nicely.

I go to my room and Brent goes to his. I just lay on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. This is gonna be a long night.

Why me?—————————————————————
CHAPTER 5 | DISOBEYING DIRECT ORDERS

Peter's POV

Brenda and I are going out today. We can't bring the boys with us because I grounded them yesterday for arguing. In my opinion, it's gonna he nice—just Brenda and I.

"Boys!" I yell at them.

I heard footsteps moving.

Once they came to the bottom, I spoke, "...your mother and I are going out and we won't be back until dinner time. When we come home, I expect both of you to be in this house. If not, you guys are grounded for life, got me."

"Yes sir" they both said and headed off.

"Brent, come back for a sec." I called him back.

"Yea." He said turning around.

"If Max gives you any trouble, call me." I know he's not my son, but being him alone with max can be tough...trust me.

"Okay, thanks Peter." He brightly responded.

I waited for him to go back upstairs, then I headed for the kitchen to get Brenda.

"Come on Brenda, we don't want to be late for your appointment." And within a push, we were out the door.

Brent's POV

It's been 1 whole day since Max and I were grounded. It's so boring in the house just us two.

Mom and Peter are loving that we are grounded. They get to go out just them two abd do all that lovely dove-y stuff. They think that being cooped up here together will makes us like each other even more. I swear, they're gonna come home to only one child in the house.

They just left now so Max has his friend over. I hate when his friends are over. They always pick on me; I can't stand it. We aren't even supposed to have friends over but since mom and Peter aren't here at the moment, he invites them.

I'm in my room trying my hardest to avoid them.

"Brent, come here!" Max calls for me from downstairs.

What does he want now?

"Yes." I try to say nicely, but with him, it's just so hard to.

"Can you get me the converter?" He asks, pointing to it.

"What, no! It's right in front of you. Get it yourself." I yelled at him.

"Brent, do you really want to argue with me?" He got up from the couch.

"You're impossible to live with." I stated, throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Whatever you say, baby bro."