Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 23]

Twenty-three:

I walked back outside after I ordered and I saw that the three were no longer in the pool but sitting on the edge with their feet in. I walked over and sat down next to Eli. "Pizza will be here in a half hour. Thanks for coming over," I tell them with a warm smile.

"Thanks for having us," Clare smiles back.

I lean back on my hands and kick my legs back and forth slowly. "So how are we going manage tomorrow?" I ask looking to my side at them.

"Meet in the parking lot," Eli suggested. I thought about that then sat up straight.

"How about I pick you up before school, Adam?" I ask and he looks at me and nods.

"Yeah. We need to make this as believable as possible. We can walk into school holding hands," Adam adds.

"What is going to happen if you really like someone while doing this?" Clare asked and I couldn't help but look at Eli.

"Then we will have to have a huge breakup and make sure everyone hears about it. When we do that you will have to break up with me, Adam." I say and look to Adam.

"Okay," he agrees and I lay back closing my eyes. I put my hand behind my head and sighed.

"I was I was a senior so I would be graduating this year. High school sucks," I mumble and I feel a poke on my stomach. "Eli no," I groan.

"That was me. Sorry," I hear Clare say and open my eyes.

"Oh. Wow sorry Eli then," I say surprised it was Clare. I then sit up straight and look at Clare then Eli. "You two should date," I say and Eli looks at Clare. Clare didn't bother to look at him and stared blankly at me.

"Sorry to interrupt but it's pretty obvious Eli likes you, Emi" Adam say and Eli looks away from everyone and slips into the pool.

"And I like him," I saw sitting up with a sigh. Eli comes up for a breath and looks at us. "When Adam breaks up with me would you like to go out?" I ask him and he goes back under the water. I roll my eyes and stand up. "Whatever. Let's go inside," I mumble walking into the house. Just as I enter the doorbell rings and I run to the kitchen to grab the fifty and pay for the pizza.

I drop two boxes of pizza on the island in the kitchen and everyone was in the kitchen but Eli. "What's his problem?" I ask the two then walk to the doors and slam into Eli as I turn the counter. "God damn it Eli," I shout and he pushes himself off the ground and helps me up but doesn't say a word and just goes into the kitchen.

"Eli," I say and grab his arm.

He pulled his arm forcefully away and I look at Adam and Clare for help. Adam walks around the island and goes next to Eli. Eli looks at Adam and mumbles something under his breath and Adam nods. Adam looks away from Eli and at me and half smiles.

"Eli isn't feeling that well. He has cramps," Adam says and I placed my hand on Eli's bare back and rub it softly.

"Just have a slice of pizza and maybe you will feel better," I tell him and he walks out of the room. I look at Adam having a feeling he wasn't telling me something but all he did was shrug.

"He wants to go home so I'm going to go with him and make sure he is okay," Adam says and leaves the room as well.

"I'll stay if you don't mind bring me home," Clare offers and I smile.

"I'll bring you home later. Thanks Clare," I tell him and sit down on a stool and grab a piece of pizza and Clare does as well.