Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 7]

Seven:

I felt sort of out of place with these three. Then again I always felt awkward with meeting new people. It was hard for me to just jump right into any kind of relationship. In all reality I had trust issues. I was surprised I was even here right now with these three. They all seemed different from each other.

Eli looked like he was confident and didn't care what others thought. Even with all this confidence and bad boy look he was still caring. He actually cared about me even though I am a stranger.

Clare on the other hand seemed to not be as confident at all. She was the most missed placed out of the group. She reminded me of a girl who followed all the rules just so she wouldn't get in trouble.

As for Adam, well he seemed like he was hiding something. Some of the things he said were so odd. He did not act like a Degrassi boy, or really any other boy I have met.

I kept quiet for most of the time we were here. I didn't think the others noticed till Eli stared at me. I looked at him with a surprised look with my lips around straw. The drink was actually very tasty.

"You're quiet, Converse," Eli smiled. I looked at him and pulled my mouth away from my straw nodding.

"I'm shy. I need a nickname for you. You only call me Converse. I like that since I pretty much only wear them," I say and look him up and down. I searched him with my eyes for something that would stand out more than the rest of him. My eyes fell on his lips. I've been staring at them pretty much each time I was with him. This time I noticed something I didn't see before, a scar.

It hugged his lip perfectly almost as if it was a piercing. I couldn't help myself and brought my hand to his mouth. I gently rubbed my thumb over his bottom lip. He pressed his lips together and I realized how awkward this must be. I pulled my hand away and looked down at the table.

"Fitz," Eli sad and I looked back at him.

"When?" I ask him. It worried me and I felt weird for caring.

"Last week. It was all in good nature. I wanted him arrested and I got my wish," he smiled when he said that.

"You will get in trouble Eli," Clare strongly said that caught my attention. He must have did something. Clare seemed upset at him.

"I'm going to call you mystery because I can't figure you out. It's such a lame nickname but the only other one I have is locker," I say looking back at him I tried to stare into his eyes but they looked like they search for something. I looked away then at Adam.

"Want to go out with me Friday?" he blurted out. His eyes went wide and I could tell he didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Umm. Can we next week?" I ask him then look at Clare. "Clare, can we hang out Friday? Maybe you sleep over?" I say. I wanted to get to know her. I knew it must be weird for her to hear me asking her this but I wanted to try and make the plans before someone else asked her. Plus Adam asking me gave me the idea to.

"Clare you should. Give your parents a day to themselves and you can make a new friend," Eli commented.

Clare looked at me and nodded. She even smiled at me, this was a surprise. "Sure, Friday it is."