Chapter 12 A Change of Scenery

Disclaimer: I do not own Black Butler, I only own my OC and any others that may join.

__________________________

Shizuka's POV

The next morning Master Ciel informed me that him, Sebastian and I would be going to another estate of his. Probably to follow another case that the Queen had given him. I merely nodded my head and got into the carriage beside him; he was wearing a forest green outfit with a dark blue cloak and a top hat. Cute indeed. I kept that thought to myself and gave him a closed eye smile in greeting.

Sebastian was driving the carriage so it was just Milord and I in silence. I was wearing my usually attire, the same outfit that I arrived in. It was my fey clothes and I rather liked them even if I could see master Ciel turn his nose at them. Which he was doing at that exact moment with that dreadful scowl on his face.

"Milord, whatever did my attire do to you to have you hate it so?" Amusement clearly evident in my voice. This of course made him scowl even more.

"Why can't you wear more English attire. You are a lady and should dress as such. Not this oriental garb." Coldness seemed to be an ever present quality to my masters voice.

I just shook my head, smiling at him "This is what I have been wearing most of my life milord, it would feel uncomfortable to change it now."

"Hmph so be it." Thus ending our wonderful conversation. He turned his head to watch the scenery go by which allowed me to observe him more openly. His face was that of a child but the darkness that his eye held showed maturity. His soul was the same as always, quivering with the upmost hate for those who wronged him.

I sighed, I did not pity him nor would I ever but the world had dealt him a hard life. I still wished he had not made a contract with a demon but it was done and over with. Nothing that I could do would Change that fact.

Master Ciel finally felt my eyes on him for he glanced in my direction. He narrowed his eye "What are you looking at Shizuka?"

"Sorry milord but you are looking rather dashing today. I couldn't help myself." Smiling innocently.

He looked shocked, his eye widening. Then a delightful blush dusted his cheeks but was quickly hidden by him turning his head away from me.

"Don't say stuff like that! I am your master and I don't need such compliments!" The embarrassment that I caused made him angry, oh dear.

"Sorry milord, I just couldn't help myself. Forgive me." My tone was gentle and soothing. A natural quality that my voice always had. I bowed my head in respect to him, not wishing to further anger him. Even though In the inside I was happy that I made my always scowling master blush.

Master Ciel gave a curt nod but did not look my way again. Finding it more interesting to watch the countryside past by. This didn't bother me in the least, I just slipped my hands in the opposite selves and got comfortable.

It wasn't long until we made it to the estate. Sebastian came around to the door and assisted the young
Lord out of the carriage. After Master Ciel was out, he turned to me with that awfully fake smile.

"Lady Shizuka, your hand please" his pristine white gloved hand waiting.

I just glanced at his hand then his face and shook my head. "No thank you Sebastian. I can manage on my own." My head tilting to the side a little as I have him my signature smile. "And please do work on that horrendously fake smile of yours." I slipped past him gracefully, fully aware of his threatening glare directed at my head.

It was no secret to me that Sebastian was cautious of me; I was intruding on his territory or so he thinks. Oh well, it's not like I couldn't put him in his place if need be.

"Lady Shizuka it's a butlers job to assent you when getting out of the carriage. What kind of butler would I be if I allowed you to keep doing it without help?"

"You would still be one hell of a butler Sebastian. Nothing would change that."

He merely shook his head and walked to where the young master was, me following right behind.

Master Ciel was of course complaining about leaving the manor while Sebastian seemed thrilled that the other servants were not present. I just stayed out of the conversation, using the time to look around the place.

After walking up some steps though we came to a door and herd some commotion going on on the other side. I quickly checked to make sure they weren't a threat, and found that they weren't.

Once the doors were open I saw a lady in red looking through a cabinet, "Where do they keep the tea? I can't find it anywhere!" And by the looks of the room, they looked everywhere.

The other person present was an Asian looking man that was looking inside a vase "I can't find any either" his eyes seemed to be always closed which was fascinating to me. How on earth could he see? I may never know.

They both looked at us however when master Ciel yelled at them "what are you guys doing here!?" I quietly giggled at the situation. Nothing ever can be easy for the Phantomhive household.

The lady in red looked at master Ciel and smiled "oh you are early, which can only mean that the queens dog has found a new scent to follow."

So it seems, but who knows where that new sent could lead us? I guess we are just going to have to find out. I just hope master Ciel is prepared for whats to come.

___________________________

I am back! Thanks so much for people who voted and especially those who left a comment. I'm glad that all of you are enjoying the story. Hopefully this update will get some people out of the emo corner :D

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Ta~Ta for now,
Wolfie-chan