Chapter 11 Social Butterfly

Disclaimer: I do not own Black Butler, I only own my OC and any others that may join.

___________________________

Ciel's P.O.V

I awoke to a gentle voice speaking along with the deep voice of my butler. Since I was still slightly asleep it took a moment to place whom the other voice belonged to. But then I remembered that I had acquired a new piece to my game, the butterfly fey.

How unusual that creature was, she was so different from Sebastian and I that she was a anomaly to me. Even though she knew that I was only using her for my own gain she still smiled. It did not matter to me one bit why she was so adamant on being nice to me, she was only doing what would benefit herself, just like Sebastian. Right?

The self asked question puzzled me and I pushed it back to the back of my thoughts, I did not need anyone who was truly there for me, I only needed to fulfill my revenge. That's what I kept saying to myself anyways, trying to cover up that warm feeling that started to blossom in my heart, that this fairy could change how utterly alone I felt...I made sure to smother that warmth instantly.

I was Ciel Phantomhive, I needed no one.

___________________________

Shizuka P.O.V

The next day master Ciel seemed very distant, he wouldn't even give me the time of day. I just shook my head smiling a little. It seemed to me that Ciel was trying to keep his distance, to keep up that wall that surrounded his heart.

So I let him be, not wanting to over step any boundaries. I knew it would take time to win my masters heart, so I did not rush the processes. He would get used to having me around eventually.

So I spent my day getting to know the other staff members. The first one I encountered was Mey-Rin, such a clumsy maid but she seemed to have a hidden grace about her. At the time I simply stored that information away, knowing it would be useful later.

Any-who, I came across her trying to dust a high shelf while simultaneously balancing on one leg of a dark wooden chair and holding a stack of expansive china in the other. She was awfully wobbly and it just looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

And it was, because right at the moment I decided to walk up to her she begin to fall. As quickly as I could I caught the plates, kept the chair up with one of my feet and allowed some wind to cushion her fall.

Once she landed to the ground safely, I bent down a little "Are you alright Mey-Rin?"

She whipped her head my way so quickly, I was worried she hurt herself.

"Oh my!! You are just like Sebastian, yes you are!! Always coming at the best of times!" I just giggled at her and helped her up with a sleeved covered hand "try to be more careful Mey-Rin, I wouldn't want you to get hurt"

Her face began to turn red "You are just so nice, yes you are! worrying about little ol' me"

I just smiled "You are a fellow staff member, of course I would be worried"

She was then reduced to babbling about how nice I was and so on. I just laughed and brushed off her compliments with a wave of my hand.

"There is no need to compliment me so Mey-Rin, a simple thank you would be alright."

"Why of course! Thank you Shizuka!!"

"Your welcome, now off you go. Be careful on how you clean okay? I'll take these plates to the kitchen so don't worry about them." With that she nodded her head vigorously and was off.