Chapter 9

Caroline POV
I walk out of history in a hurry before Elena or Bonnie could catch me. I get to my locker to put my books away and grab my math book quickly so I could meet Claire at the picnic tables. I close my locker with a bang and turn around to start walking when someone stops me.

"Bonnie."

"Hi stranger." Bonnie says with a hint of sarcasm.

"Sorry Bonnie I just have been really busy wit-"

"Don't lie." Bonnie snaps. I flinched a little. "To tell you the truth Elena dearly misses you, I miss you!"

"Bonnie I am so sorry I can't believe- I thought what Elena told you, you would hate me."

"What no Caroline! Of course Klaus is a horrible person but I know you would never betray us."

She gave me a hug in the process. Damn it! She is guilt tripping me! Elena only knows about the necklace thing, so that is all Bonnie knows. There has been more than that necklace moment with Klaus. Should I tell her? What if she hates me? I will just let her be happy for now.

"Of course. Well I have to get going but talk to you later?"

"Yeah see ya later Care!" And with that I was off to the picnic tables.

I saw Claire sitting on top the the picnic table with her legs crossed.

"Hello Caroline." She says with her French accent. I felt like rolling my eyes but I kept my eyes still.

"Hi what's up?"

"First things first I am a vampire turn in the 1860s blah blah blah and I know you are a vampire so we are done with that now."

"Would you keep your voice down someone could hear you."

"Come on if someone hears us I can just compel them." That time I did roll my eyes. "Anyways I need to talk to you about someone"

"Yeah and who is that?"

"Do you know the Mickaelson's?" She asked. Oh god, does she really have to ask this?!

"Uh yeah I know them." Trying to say casually and I failed.

"Do you know of Klaus and Elijah Mickaelson?" She said with a hint of devilish in her voice.

"Yes....." I say unsure about where this was going.

"Good."

"Is that it?"

"Uh yes..... Wait no. Do you know where they live?"

"Yes. Do you need a lift?"

Ah!

Why did I offer.

Literally mentally face palming myself.

"That would be great if you could...?" I really didn't want to take her.

"Yeah sure!" I say as happy as I could.

"Great." She says.

I am so stupid.

When we were driving in the car it was silent and awkward. We start to drive through the country. It took about 15 minutes to get to his house from the high school. I start to think since we obviously weren't going to make small talk. I really hope Klaus is not going to be there when I arrive.

I will drop her off and quickly drive away.

Yeah I will do that.

"So do you have any friends at school?" Claire asked randomly.

She really was going to do this.

"Um not really."

"Oh. I thought mayb-"

"Well you thought wrong!" I snapped back. I didn't dare to look at her I just kept my eyes on the road.

We drove for another five minutes until we arrived at the front of a grand gate. Well that ruined my plan to go quickly.

Maybe I can still get away....

I looked to my left and see a number pad for a code. Next to that was a call button and I saw a camera in the top left comer of the gate.

Great.

I am going to have to call in.

Please Klaus be gone. Please Klaus be gone. I say in my head as I pressed the call button.

"Buzz!" The button screeched.

"Hello?" An American man spoke gently.

"Hello. I am Caroline Forbes." I say as I press the button to answer the man across the line. "May I be let in?" I ask the man.

"State your business." The man says sternly.

What is this?

It is like I am in The Wizard of Oz.

"I am here to drop off a friend of Klaus Mickealson."

"Okay you may come in." The man says calmly. The gate slowly opened. When the gate fully opened I slowly drove in. Claire looked at me and I looked back. We both had the same expression on our face. We were nervous. I have no idea why we were. I don't know why Claire is nervous. I didn't even know why I am nervous. I kept on driving until Klaus's amazing mansion came into view.
"Oh heavens." Claire says surprised.
"Yeah I know." I reply not taking my eyes off the beautiful architecture.
"What do you mean?" Claire says which snapped me out of the trance.
"What?" I look at her confused
"What do you mean by 'I know'?" She ask with a little bit of anger in her voice.
"I mean I know." I say still confused.
"Have you been here?" Claire asks.

Oh.

This is what she means.

"Well um..yes a couple times." I say looking down.
"Are you...close with the Mickealsons?"She asks.

I feel like I am playing a game of twenty questions.

"No not at all." I say pulling up and putting the car in park.

"Well then why are you here so much?"

"Um I- I...don't really...um know." I reply to her not being able to understand myself.

"Uh um....okay." Claire says clearly weirded out.

"Um well here you are." I say trying to break the tension.

"Uh yeah thanks Caroline." Claire says gathering her purse and phone.

"I will see you later I guess."I say wanting to speed out of here ASAP.

"Yeah see you at school." Claire was about to close the door and I was about to speed out of this place before Klaus could see me, but no of course she had to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh no!

What is Claire going to ask Caroline?

And why is she so upset about it?

Tell your predicts in the comments!

Really guys I love reading your comments they are so amazing!

I love when people just comment funny things it makes my day!

Don't forget to.....

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

Love you all my beautifuls!

XOXO

Nellie Raye