Chapter 47/Bite Me

Playlist:

Ocean Eyes (Astronomyy Remix)- Billie Eilish

Caroline POV

My eyes fluttered open, the action complimenting my long lashes. I touched my head gently as I felt slight pain on the right side of it. I furrowed my eyebrows not being able to remember what happen.  However, something feels different. I sat up slowly taking in my surroundings; I was laying in someones bed with a throw blanket draped over my body and the sunlight streamed through the curtains lightly as I could tell it was early morning or late afternoon.

"Wha-what..." I stopped as I noticed Klaus was resting his head on top the bed next to me. He slept quietly his chest rising and falling with a steady pace. "Klaus." I whispered. His eyes slowly opened as I was greeted with his beautiful blue eyes.

"Caroline." He looked at me breathlessly.

"Klaus."

"You woke up finally." Is all he said.

"How long was I out for?" I asked.

"Almost three days."

"Three days?!"

"Well Pierre said you would be out for a while during the transition..." Klaus trailed off.

"What...my transit-" I gasped loudly. I quickly ran to the bathroom sink and flipped the faucet on.

"Caroline what are yo-" As fast as the wind I grabbed Klaus's arm, pulled him inside the bathroom, and shut the door behind him.

"Bite me."

"I beg your pardon?!" Klaus said taken a back. "What if you are still a vampire?"

"If I am then you can just heal me. If I am not, I will keep on bleeding." I elaborated to him.

"Caroline I can't bite you." He told me seriously.

"Why not?" I asked confused.

"Because..." He avoided eye contact.

"Klaus?" I tried to look at him in the eye.

"If you are human and I bite you...I don't know how I will react to your blood Caroline."He explained.

"Oh..." I looked down, butterflies rumbling in my stomach. He's right. I shouldn't be so reckless and just ask him to bite me.

As I was lost in my thoughts I didn't notice how close Klaus had gotten to me. I looked up at him slowly. He looked down into my eyes. Gently his hand slipped onto my cheek and he gently moved my head to the side. My breathing quickening. He softly brushed my hair off my shoulder and came so close I could feel his breath on my neck. "I love you." He whispered. He then dug his fangs into my neck. I gasped as the feeling was more terrible than I thought. It felt nothing like before, when I had been bit by Damon or any other vampire. Klaus's bite hurt much more. Klaus's hand held the small of my back keeping me up straight. I closed my eyes beginning to feel pleasure as I couldn't feel the almost unbearable pain anymore. I never have felt pleasure like this before even when Damon was using me it was always just pain.

Unexpectedly, Klaus retracted and stepped back. I took a loud breath and I moved my hand to my neck to hold on to the wound. "You are human." Is all Klaus said. My eyes widened.

"It worked." I beamed.

Klaus nodded avoiding eye contact. He handed me a small towel that was sitting on the bathroom counter next to us.

He then turned to leave the room until I stopped him.

"Klaus wait." I said sadly.

"Caroline I can't." He said shortly. I put pressure on the wound with the towel he handed me and touched his arm with my free hand.