30. Enchanted

"What are you doing? And where are you taking me?" To the best place

"Remember how you always wanted to feel the snow but couldn't?" She nods before her lips tilt up.

"Well, I think we should stop relying on our schedules to find time for a trip and just give in." I slide the heavy metal door and she sees the snow all around. Artificial snow but just as cold. I give her a jacket and boots that she puts on and runs in with me behind her.

She looks around it all like a child left to roam around alone for the first time. "Ansh! Oh my God it's snow!!" I hear laughter from behind and we turn to our families. Yuvaan's parents are here too, back from Norway now that he is here as well. Our first meet did not go according to his expectations.

"Saale kutte!" I walk upto him furiously while he keeps backing away from me.

(Fucking bastard)

"Ansh, listen to me-"

"No, you listen to me! You asshole. You leave whenever you want, you come back whenever you want! Hum kya pagal hai jo tera wait karte rahenge?!"

(Are we crazy to keep on waiting for you?)

He backs up more until he can't. He turns around to face Dev seething into his face. "Look who decided to come back after two years of radio silence." Yuvaan sighs.

"I know you missed me."

"I actually missed not being able to break your bones!" Yuvaan finds an opening and runs away from us while the two of us chase behind him.

"I just came back what the fuck is your problem?! You're supposed to be happy!"

"Breaking your neck would make me utterly happy!" We eventually catch upto him and tackle him down on the ground.

"You left!" I say. "You fucking left us alone for two whole years with no contact! You're lucky I am not punching you in your pretty boy face right now." I pull him to sit up while we all catch our breaths.

"I hate you." Yuvaan raises a brow at Dev. "Oh my God, Dev hates me, what am I going to do now?" Dev changes his stance as if to attack him and I get in the middle of the two.

"Okay, enough." Yuvaan holds his arms out for a hug and both Dev and I lean into it, reluctantly but peacefully. We missed him, as much as we say otherwise, we did miss him and his retorts.

Samiksha smiles at her family calling for them to join us. The elders shake their heads, simultaneously pushing their children forward. Darsh runs up ahead, all happy and satisfied to run in snow while Kunal and Shaira run behind him, making sure he doesn't hurt himself.

I turn to Samiksha, following behind her to the ice ring. "You want to skate squirrel?" She looks around nervously before turning to me. "I don't know how to."