18. So It Goes

I walk inside the apartment with pure anger burning through me

I walk inside the apartment with pure anger burning through me. I want to break stuff. But I put too much effort into making this place livable. "Will you stop running away, Isha?" I ignore him. Just like I have through the whole car ride. This is all his fucking fault.

He had no right to open his mouth and tell Trisha di that we are married. She didn't need to know anything. I open the closet and pull out a bag. I stuff some clothes into it. I am sure if I go back home and say that I want to spend some days with my family, my parents would be more than happy. Fuck the court, women go to live with then parents all the damn time.

I fold in another shirt and shove it inside when Dev snatches the bag away. "Give it back."

"Where are you going?"

"Just give it back, Dev!"

"Where the hell are you going?!"

"Away from you!"

His shoulders drop, his eyes betray emotions and he looks like I kicked his dog. I sigh in defeat, there is nothing I can do to make him feel better when I feel betrayed myself. I walk away and just as I do, I hear the bag drop to the ground and I hear him behind me.

"Listen to me."

"Why?! Why did you have to do that?!" He freezes and simply stares when I turn around. "Why did you have to say we were married Dev? This is not a news that you just drop on people! We had a plan, we would get a divorce and move on. Why did you have to involve my sister and your brother in this?!"

Even after all this he doesn't look guilty, if anything he looks slightly angry at something. "I am so so mad at you. I am going to my parent's house so move away." I try to walk past him to reach my bag but he doesn't let me. "You're not going anywhere."

"What part of 'I am mad at you', do you not understand?"

"I understand every part of it. What I don't understand is why can you not be an adult about it? You wanna fight? Fine do it. You wanna stay mad? Good, keep going. But stop trying to go away from me. We are fucking married Isha. Every marriage has issues, you can't go to your parents house every fucking time we fight."

"That is still my house."

"You haven't been there in months and now you suddenly want to? Fight with me all you want but at the end of the fucking day you are going to sleep on the very same bed as me, in my arms with your adorable little ass perched right over my dick because that is the only way I can sleep now."

How dare he involve his perfect dick into all this? It has no fault. No, this is his nonsense brain, that makes him do stuff like this.

Since he is against listening to me, let me give him reason. Maybe he will understand logic and stop pulling shit like that.

"Listen Dev, I don't know why you told di about our marriage since it was unnecessary-"

"The truth comes out Isha. It's better if we tell it ourselves. I actually did something I need -"