20. Death by a Thousand Cuts

Note- The themes of this particular chapter might be disturbing for some people. It's complex and dark. Read at your own discretion. If you think you are not comfortable with it, just avoid reading Yuvaan's pov. And for those who read it, it might seem like nothing big happened but the themes are complex and a warning was advisory. Enjoy.

💋

The weather is good today, not as warm as before but it now has a nice breeze around

The weather is good today, not as warm as before but it now has a nice breeze around. I sit by the godforsakenly large pool my celebrity boyfriend has in his house, for pretentious reasons. He barely ever swims in it.

I have a book perched over my stomach while I wait for Ansh to return back home. His movie's release was postponed to next month and his director is having a meltdown. Atleast that is what I was told.

Ansh still randomly drops our pictures, without my face, on his social media. But now he does it for reasons other than PR. He says he likes me on his social media feed and I swoon like a lovesick idiot everytime. We talked and I appreciated that he agreed to not show my face.

People on social media are literal monsters, they have nothing better to do than hate on others. I once read a comment criticizing my hand. My fucking hand! It said my hands are too small as compared to Ansh. God knows what they will do when they see my face.

The door clicks behind me and then I hear light footsteps. "Baby, I am home." It's domestic and it's lovable. He walks upto me and bends down to steal a kiss.

"How was work?"

"Boring and dramatic."

"Two very contradictory words Ansh but I get it." I scooch and he sits on the recliner I am on, facing me. "How was your day?"

"Super boring. I made breakfast and then nothing. Then I sat here and read my book." He looks towards the pool and then back at me.

That is right sir, you do own a pool. Something you don't remember for 90 percent of the year.

He stares at me for a minute before leaning down and dropping his head on my shoulder. I run my hands through his hair and feel him sigh. "What happened, Ansh?"

"Nothing." He mumbles out his response but I don't miss the way he presses himself deeper into my skin. "It's definitely something."

"My film releases next month."

"That's a good thing."

"Yeah. And everybody wants me to go back to work and shoot for a new film."

"Do you want to go back to work?"

"I don't know. I've worked all my life without a break. Now that I've taken it, I do miss the work. But I know that if I go back to my job, things will go back to how they were. I would barely have anytime to spend at home. I would have to travel for shoots and everything." He pulls away to face me, his hand caressing my cheek.