10. Sparks Fly

Marriage was a notion she grew up to love

Marriage was a notion she grew up to love. Her parents had the kind of marriage that made people dream of a happy ever after. And then she got married herself. It was good until everything was gone. Shaira remembered it all as she signed the papers. This marriage is supposed to be better. She would give it her all. Atleast she will try to.

Kunal smiled at his wife as he tied the mangalsutra around her neck and filled her partition with vermillion. He wore a plain white sherwani while his bride wore a green banarsi saree with a closed neck blouse and a beautiful gold choker that Riya had gifted Shaira. Her hair was in low bun and her bangles clicked everytime she moved her hand.

Darsh jumped up and down, utterly happy that he has a father now and his mother has a husband. Darsh ran to his parents, hugging both their legs while everyone else around them clapped.

Samiksha stood in a corner in her cream colored anarkali with a bright purple dupatta draped over both her shoulders. She had kundan jhumkas in her ears and her hair was pin straight as it flowed down until her mid back. Ansh stood beside her, since she hasn't avoided or pushed him away yet. "You look pretty."

"Thank you." She didn't look at him and he shut her mouth after that.

It's her brother's wedding, she probably just wants to focus on that.

Isha wore a pale blue straight cut suit with zarouski crystals covering it all. Her hair was open and she wore a different pair of blue sapphire earrings, today. Dev walked up to stand beside her. This was the first chance he had gotten to talk to her. "Did you talk to your family?"

"Can't you see there is a wedding going on?" Dev sighed and then looked at her. "Listen Isha, we have to do this. So you better pack your bags, tell your family whatever is needed and move in with me." She rolled her eyes and looked away from him. This was a happy occasion, she won't let him suck the soul out of it as well.

Advait stood nearby, with Firdaus beside him. Everyone had chosen lighter colors for the occasion so Firdaus wore a white saree with golden borders. Her blouse was bright red with gold thread embroidery. She was a new bride afterall. Her hair was in a tight bun, not a hair astray. She had her arm hooked through Advait's as the two stood and watched the ceremony together. "They look nice."

Advait nodded at Firdaus before sighing. "Unlike us." She pulled away from him. "Speak for yourself, I look great."

"I meant together."

"Well, lucky for you, I look so good, that even your sulking ass looks good beside me." Trisha who stood right beside the two shook her head and walked away. This wasn't what she wanted to deal with. Her arm was held and she was pulled away from everyone's view.

"Don't scream or hit me." She pushed Yuvaan away and scowled. "What is wrong with you? Where the hell have you been? I thought you'll miss this wedding as well."