chapter 84

Emilia decided she definitely didn't want to talk to Alesandro like Damon had suggested so instead she went to her room. Now knowing she was allowed to go, she needed to find something to wear, she had no idea what to expect either.

It was at this very moment she wished she had her mother. She couldn't help but remember all the times she had heard her mother and Lexi talking about Lexi going out with a guy, of course it was a different guy each time they talked but still she wanted that.

She knew she probably could have it with her brothers or father if she really wanted too but they were too protective, they wouldn't understand.

She still didn't understand why her mother didn't love her. Sure she wasn't expected but her dad and brothers loved her so why didn't she?

Why wasn't she wanted by the person who was suppose to be there for her, the person who was suppose to love her no matter what.

At this very thought, tears began to fall. She didn't want to go to Alesandro because she knew it was a touchy subject for him. After almost drowning, he opened up about her mother a little but she didn't want to make him feel worse.

She didn't want to go to her brothers either. She was well aware her brothers, especially Matteo and Dante who would have only been 3 and 4 at the time, grew up without a mother too. She would be selfish going to them when they didn't have a mother either.

She didn't fully understand how little her brothers cared, they didn't want a mother, they hated her for what she did.As far as the brothers knew they only ever had a father.

Ever since she told Damon how she felt, he had reminded her everyday since that she was loved and wanted and not knowing what else to do, she left her room and went back to Damon's office.

To her suprise, when she knocked it was Mason who opened the door instead of Damon calling for her to come in.

Mason had a look that she had never seen before, it wasn't nice at all, he looked almost emotionless.

"It's Emilia" he spoke letting Damon know who was at his door.
Emilia didnt miss how he didn't call her Lia.

Damon and Mason had been in the middle of mafia work, they always switched off any positive emotions when doing it so when there was a knock, mason had anwsered it. He was still in work mode, but as it was Emilia, he didn't let her know that interruptions annoyed them. Emilia could never annoy them even when they were busy with work.

Damon was on the phone discussing information he wouldn't ever want Emilia to know when Mason told him it was Emilia.
"What does she want" he asked pulling the phone away so he could talk without the person on the other end hearing.

"What is it Emilia"  Mason asked.

"I'm bothering you, I'm sorry, I'll go" Emilia whispered.

"You are not bothering us, now what is it" he said.

"Is he busy" she asked.

"Hes just finishing a phone call, work stuff, now what is it"

Emilia felt bad, she couldn't bother him now, he was working and she wanted to cry to him about not having a mother to talk to. She was being selfish.

"I see" Mason muttered knowing that look. He left the door open and went back inside. Emilia didn't want to disturb them if they were working so she didn't follow.

"I'll finish the call, go be with her" Mason whispered so the other person and Emilia wouldn't hear.

Damon had only been paying half attention to the call, most of his attention had been on trying to hear what was going on but Emilia never said.