chapter 4

Nobody messed with Damon. Damon would only follow his father's instructions out of respect but when he didn't agree, he would ignore his father.

He was a ruthless killer, his tone itself was enough to bring fear into you.
Everyone avoided him, nobody dared cross him, everyone who saw him would wonder from a distance, were the stories true.

Was he really the devil in disguise?

His cold emotionless eyes would pierce your soul and have you shaking in fear, begging for your life.

They say that if you were on Damon's bad side, if you had done him wrong in any way that a quick death would be a privilege. Damon was said to torture his victims until they begged for death but he refused to kill them, hr kept them alive, suffering in pain until he grew bored and killed them.
Damon Russo was deadly.
He took what he want, when he wanted.

Any media source wouldnt dare publish information on him or his family, they feared the consequences. The last media source featured him on the front page of the news, the publisher and writers ended up dead within a week.

There was never any proof he did anything.

He spared no prisoners.

It was quite an unusual sight to see, Damon Russo debating on how to wake up the sleeping girl whilst looking at her with a somewhat less deadly expression.

He took a step closer, he had never woken a person up gently, even his brothers he would just rip their duvets off and if that didn't work he pushed them out of bed.

As if she knew he was struggling to decide how to wake her up, she opened her eyes.
Emilia had been asleep when she felt the presence of somone getting closer. She watched him with fear in her eyes, waiting to see what he did.

Damon didn't think to much about the fear, he saw it but everyone feared him so he ignored it not seeing any reason to be concerned.

"It's almost dinner time" Damon spoke.

Emilia's fear grew hearing this. She thought herself to be selfish and stupid, selfish for sleeping and stupid for forgetting to wake up, forgetting to make them dinner. She couldn't help but think about what kind of punishment they would give her. She was well aware Damon could break her in half if he wanted too.

"Come on, you won't know the way yet" Damon said, knowing he would need to show her around later.

Emilia couldn't help it when she slowly got up but her body still shook with fear.

"I think we are having spaghetti tonight, you don't have any allergies or anything do you" Damon said not wanting to address her fear.

Emilia was confused when he said we. She didn't think she would be fed, she wasn't used to eating maybe this was a trick.
She simply shook her head in response to his question. She didn't know if she had any allergies because she had never been allowed to eat much, in fact she had never had spaghetti before, the closest she had gotten to pasta was when she had cooked it.

"Great. Let's go" Damon said.

Emilia followed Damon out of the room, usually Damon wouldn't slow down for anyone but when he saw Emilia struggling to keep up with his long strides he slowed down.
Emilia was confused at Damon's actions. Why was he waiting for her.
Why was he walking at the side of her, she should be walking behind, she wasn't his equal.

Damon saw a flash of fear when he started walking side by side.
"No need to fear me little one" Damon said, his thick Italian accent coming through as he spoke.
Emilia didn't speak, not that he expected her too. Damon sighed as they continued walking, he subtly held out his hand for her. She didn't take it at first but then they both heard a loud clatter coming from below and she instinctly grabbed his hand. When she realised what she had done, she removed her hand and looked down in fear, her body was starting to shake.