chapter 7

They got home a little before dinner time which Emilia wasn't to find of, it meant she had to eat and be sociable but all she wanted to do was sleep.
She was still not used to doing so much and her body couldn't handle it. She forced herself to stay awake as she didn't want to fall asleep around them all, she would be too vunerable.

Mason and Matteo carried her bags upstairs, Emilia tried to carry them but Mason just took them off her.

Eventually she was finally alone, they had left her to unpack. She had so many clothes now, some she hadn't even seen and had no idea when Mason picked them up. She felt guilty for wasting all their money and fearful that Damon and Alessandro wouldn't be happy.

She expected them to come in calling her stupid for thinking they would give her new clothes. She shuddered at a memory that came to mind.

A young 10 year old had been left out in the cold. It was an odd sight. A woman across the street had noticed and took the child in. The child explained that her parents were sleeping and she didn't have a key. It was a lie. They threw her out. The woman fussed over her and gave her fresh clothes which belonged to her own child, she didn't have a spare bed so the girl slept on the sofa that night with a massive blanket and plenty of cushions.

She didn't want to leave next morning but after the woman insisted on her eating breakfast, she left. The woman had told her to keep her sons clothes, joggers and a tshirt and a hoodie as well as giving her back the clothes she had on before, this time they were freshly washed.

The girl shouldn't have kept the clothes because once back in the house, her stepfather practically ripped them off her, calling her vile names and punching her till her ribs broke. He specifically told her how she doesn't deserve new clothes and if she ever accepted thrm again he would burn them off her.

Emilia shuddered at the memory. Could this be another trap? She didn't want to get hurt. They were in prison, they couldn't do anything.
But Lexi could
That thought alone sickened her, she was terrified of her twin and what she would do.

She saw it was almost dinner time so instead of spiralling she washed her face to hide the fact she had almost cried and for comfort especially after the memory, she pulled out the hoodie. The woman's son had been about 13/14 but he had been tall. Emilia was only small and definitely didn't have the body of a 16 year old so the hoodie now fit fine, it was only slightly too big. It was a simple black hoodie, it was the only thing Henry didn't rip when he took the clothes off that day.
She had kept the hoodie all these years as it helped her remember not everyone was like her parents, that there was good people in the world.
She also liked to stick it to Henry. He never could remove the hoodie and she knew it pissed him off.

She went downstairs for dinner, very reluctantly, she wasn't hungry due to having a few chicken nuggets for lunch.

Thankfully the seating was back to how it was the first night, Emilia slowly and cautiously took a seat next to Matteo and across from Dante. Damon and Alessandro had yet to arrive.

"Can we not start without them" Matteo complained, he was starving.
"No because Damon called and said they would be here" Mason said with a tone that meant it wasn't up for debate.

A few minutes past and the door opened, in walked Allesandro with his son trailing behind.

Lexi hid her smirk as she got up to greet them.

"How was your day Damon" she asked first, knowing she needed him on her side the most.
"It was good thank you for asking. How was yours" Damon was a little taken back by her.
"It was great" Lexi said knowing she was convincing him. She turned to Alessandro "I hope your day was good too" she said and even went as far as giving him a quick hug, she released him before he could hug her back
"Yes thank you. How about we sit down and you can tell me all about your day" Alessandro said with a smile.
"Yes I agree, I look forward to hearing about it'  Damon said giving Lexi a smile.