• Nerves •

Layla's POV

"How do you want your hair ma'am?" The girl who was doing my hair and makeup asked me.

"Whatever suits," I replied plainly, my nerves were getting to me cause it was finally happening.

"Yes ma'am."

I can't get last night out of my head, its events replayed in my head on loop.

I woke up finding his side of the bed empty. He was already up and gone before I got up.

From what I last recall, he had his arm around me, he didn't pull me to him or hugged me, it wasn't his thing. He just had his arm over me and that was enough

Trying to focus and not think about him I went along with my day and took a warm shower after getting up to ease my nerves from last night.

I had some sort of tension going on with him, I was aware of that and I guess he was too but after what happened last night, I don't know if it helped it or made it even worst.

"One step at a time, till you're ready."

I closed my eyes and squealed internally as his words replayed in my head.

Calm down Layla, they're just words no big deal.

"Ma'am are you alright, you're face is turning red. Do you perhaps, have a fever?" The girl asked me and I opened my eyes to meet the worry in them.

I cupped my cheeks almost immediately in an attempt to hide them away from her. "No, no not at all I'm just excited for the ball that's it!" I laughed nervously and the girl looked at me before she went back to working on my hair.

"I get it," she said with a smile and I exhaled after she didn't ask any more questions.

She had also painted my nails red matching my dress and I liked it.

It was almost time so I got into my dress.

It was a red dress with a slit that showed one of my legs but just enough that I could easily hide my dagger on my thigh.

Which I did when I changed into the dress.

"You're done ma'am," she announced and I looked myself in the mirror.

And wow, I looked stunning in this red dress. She did loose curls to my hair and I was glad that she didn't tie them up.

"Thank you," I told her genuinely and she smiled.

"Only one last thing remains," I turned to look at her and she handed out red satin gloves to compliment my dress.

"Here, it'll complete your look." I wore them and put on rings over them cause I wanted to.

We heard a loud knock on the door before it opened and came into view Sinn's large figure towering by the doorway.

I saw him for the first time today which was probably why my heart skipped a beat at his appearance.

"It's time," He stated and I glanced at the girl who was gawking at him. She might drool at this point and so, she won't embarrass herself, I put my hand on her shoulder and shook her a bit.

"I-I'm sorry, I'll take my leave." She turned to me, "Ma'am, Sir." She bowed down to us both and then started making her way towards the door where Sinn was standing.

She checked him out and when Sinn met his piercing silver eyes with hers, which more like glared at her, I noticed the girl flinched and exited the room instantly.

Sinn closed the door after her and made his way toward me.

My eyes checked him out in the meantime and he was wearing an all-black suit with a black tie. His hair was done neatly making him even sexier than he already was.

"Ready?" His deep voice took me out of my trance and I gulped meeting his gaze.

"It's not like I got any other choice," I stated and he continued staring at me.

I started walking towards the door but halted when I heard his voice.

"My order for you is that I don't expect anything from you,"

I opened my mouth to argue back and tell him that does he still not have trust in my ability and that I can handle this.
But this man has a habit of surprising me through his words.

"But only for you to stay alive."

Whatever I was about to say I forgot when his words came out making me speechless.

His eyes that were facing in front of him moved to look at me as I stood beside him.

"That's all I order you."

His words held intensity in them that they were making my knees go weak. His gaze wasn't helping as he stared right at me holding me captive through his eyes.

"You know that I'll not just do nothing." I finally spoke, finding the words I needed to tell him.

"But I'll certainly not die."

I gave him a smile which was more of a smirk but instead, I saw a small smile threatening to form on his lips.

"You just smiled!" I pointed my finger at him, practically screaming that.

He blinked at me twice before he focused his gaze on me once more.

"I did not."

"You did!" I argued back and he turned to face me properly.

"You must be delusional." He retorted and I placed my hands on the side of my hips and arched my brow at him.

"Did you just gaslight me?" I teased him and saw his eyes go wide as he furrowed his brows.

"What?" I laughed shaking my head. "Stop denying that you just gave me a smile there."

"I like it when you smile."

I looked into his eyes, meaning it genuinely, and saw a look of astonishment on his face from my comment.

"Now let's go, we don't want to be late do we?" I told him as I started walking and opened the door but as soon as I got out of the room, I felt his presence next to me as he placed his hand on the small of my back, his fingers grazed my bare back as he did so.

Sinn Phoenix just helped me calm my nerves down before we enter the battlefield.

An; thank you guys so much for 30K reads, I love and appreciate every single one of you who keeps on reading and voting <3