• Assurance •

Layla's POV

He sat adjacent to me on the armchair, his legs spread apart as he leaned forward.

"It's just as we discussed earlier with those two," he referred to Leo and Yuri.

"Follow my lead and we'll succeed."

We.

I couldn't help but focus on that specific word.

His hand traveled to his side and he put forward a gun on the coffee table.

"Here, keep this with you." I stared at the gun for a while and then back at him. He was already looking at me.

"I, I don't need this I have my dagger with me," I told him. I'm more comfortable fighting with my dagger.

Sinn continued staring at me with a clenched jaw. "It's an order. You don't know what situation we might be in once we enter the ballroom." He started and I felt lost in his gaze as it stared at me intensely.

"I don't want anything happening to you."

His words made butterflies erupt in my stomach. But I didn't let these words get to me as I broke eye contact with him.

"Why is that so? You could have someone else replace me if anything happens to me. You guys are not short on candidates."

I told him truthfully. There's no denying the fact that they're not short on people who would be dying to get into this unit, and that in my spot under Sinn himself.

So, even if something were to happen to me, they'll have hundreds of people to choose from to replace me.

"No one can replace you, no one. Never will. I won't allow it." His words left me out of breath. I would've taken it as a joke but I couldn't. They were clear and made my heart skip a beat.

I was rendered speechless.

I always have an answer no matter how annoying, irritating, or irrelevant it may be. But I couldn't find an answer to this.

No one has ever told me words like this. I received compliments on my looks and abilities but this was different.

It made me feel important which I never felt.

When I didn't say anything he took the gun back from the coffee table and grabbed my hand, placing it on top of my palm.

"If you have it I can rest assured even if you're out of my sight, which is rare but I don't take chances."

I could feel the coolness of his rings against the skin on my wrist. I gripped the gun which he placed on top of my palm, my fingers grazed his hand which remained on top of the gun.

That gesture of mine was enough to let him know that I have accepted it.

The knock on the door made us break eye contact as Sinn's hands left mine leaving their warmth lingering. I put away the gun and stood up walking towards the door.

One of the maids who showed us our room was standing in front of me and smiled looking down at her feet, "Young master has arrived. They're calling you downstairs."

She spoke softly and I noticed how none of the maids here met eye contact with anyone and always kept their gaze down. Was it out of respect or were they trained to do it? I guess the latter was a much more reasonable explanation.

"We'll be there shortly." I smiled at her while she didn't even look at me and I closed the door after she bowed and left.

I turned around and saw Sinn standing, it amazes me every time how tall and muscular he is. That's what you call God's favorite creation.