• Surprise •

Sinn's POV

"Is everything ready?" Leo asked one of our men and he nodded his head. "Yes sir."

"Good, I think we should call them in the basement." He looked towards us asking for our approval and I didn't say anything as I remained seated on the corner of the sofa with my legs spread apart.

Leo told the man to call them all in the basement and as he did I got lost in my thoughts once again.

Why do I feel like I shouldn't test her for this. Maybe cause I knew she won't take it well, no sane person would but it's a vital step for her to continue forward cause if she couldn't pass this than she wouldn't be able to face what's about to come for her in the near future.

I've never once cared about anyone, being in this for years I'm used to this then why is this mere girl causing all these problems for me.

Why do I fucking care about this shit?

I got up as I made up my mind. I won't let that girl get in my head. I won't prioritise my rules or anything for her.

Maybe it's been a while since I've taken a little break from work and given myself a little treat. It's time I called them and relieved myself.

Layla's POV

We were called in the basement and the first thing we saw was a man who had a black cloth around his head and was tied to a chair. I already have a bad feeling about this.

"Come on in, here's your surprise test." Leo said as Yuri pulled away the cloth from the man's head harshly and threw it across the room.

"This guy here is a traitor. You don't need to know the details just that you can't keep your eyes off him unless we tell you so. Sinn, go ahead." And like it was a cue for him he got off the wall and kicked the man's jaw hard. But he didn't stop there, it was just the beginning. He kept on kicking, punching him as he bled.

Now I know who he resembles, he kinda resembles Levi Ackerman with the way he intimidates people and just made that guy over there his punching bag. I mean except the height, Sinn's got the looks but still Levi's my man though he's not real. I think I need to stop here.

Well, this test is no big deal. I've seen my share amount of beating back at Jasper's although Sinn's is ten times much more brutal but still what do I expect from one of the devils and that Sinn Phoenix himself.

But oh how this was only a teaser as Yuri came forward with a plaster. "That's what you get for betraying us." He muttered as Sinn took hold of the plaster with his bloody hands. Some of the strands of his hair were now covering his forehead and I tried not to gawk over him. Like there is a man being beaten like shit infront of me.

He walked around the guy and I couldn't help but gulp. What is he going to-

My thought were cut off as all of a sudden he stabbed the guys finger with the pointed edge of the plaster. He grunted in pain as Sinn digged it deeper and deeper until half of his finger was apart. The crunching of his bone made me sick to my core as the whole room was filled with his screams and the breaking of his bones.

Both of his forefingers were cutoff from either of his hands and the rest were bare of the finger nails.

The whole time we couldn't take our eyes off as their men were gazing at us strictly. This was the first time I had seen someone being this brutal. Yes, I had seen beating and everything and did some myself but this, this was on a new other level. I felt like vomiting.

"That's it. You all pass." Yuri announced and I heard Mattheo and Luca take a breath they were holding but I on the other hand ran out of the room to throw out the food I had eaten before coming here.

After throwng up, I rested my hand on the wall for support as I took a few breaths to calm myself down. My heartbeat was like it was running for a marathon it wouldn't win.

I didn't recognise this Sinn. He wasn't the same guy who helped me bandage up my wounds or the guy who helped me that night. He was a totally different guy. Who am I even kidding, ofcourse he is like this. This is him. The real him. I need to fucking clear my head cause it has gone insane.

Sinn came out of the room, his hands bloody as he halted when his eyes met mine. I didn't know why but I backed away from him a little even though we had a lot of distance between us. And for a split second, I saw a his eyes change by seeing me act this way.

His hair, which mostly were on his forehead now and covering his eyes now made him even more breathtaking, but I still couldn't take out the images of the guy who was just moments ago brutally torturing a living man.

He gave me one last look and walked past me.

Sinn's POV

I washed my hands as the blood washed away and drained down the sink. I couldn't forget the look her eyes held moments ago.

I shouldn't care what she thinks about me after that. This is me and she had to see this side of me sooner or later but I still felt uncomfortable when she stepped back from me. It was like I didn't want that, but why? She is just a girl like millions others so why is she impacting me like this.

I guess the thing which bugged me back than just came true, I didn't want her to be afraid of me but I do want that at the same time. I don't want her to get close to me cause I'm not a good guy and she'll only be a hinder for my work.

I need her to keep getting away from me like she did today. It's only best for the two of us.