22. Back home

"Goodnight, Salvadora

"Goodnight, Salvadora." (Saviour) Paloma mutters in her sleep, making my breath hitch. I don't know why but I felt happy when she said the nickname. It felt as if it was right and then there was pride that there were only two people in the world whom she considered her 'Saviour'.

The time was very much past midnight but the movie kept on going and I kept on watching it. Disney movies are addictive! Almost an hour after the incident with sleeping Paloma, I received a call from Akim. I picked the phone and greeted him.

"Good Morning, Akim"

"Good Morning, Koroleva." (Queen) Akim greets back in a sleepy voice followed by a big yawn, causing me to release a light chuckle.

"Koroleva, the jet is ready." (Queen) He informs me and again yawns. Now I feel guilty.

"Thank you, Akim. You can go back to sleep but just tell everyone that those who still don't want to go and spend some time with their family can stay here. I think Gonzalo still wants some time with his family." I say quietly since Paloma was still beside me, snoring lightly.

"Yes, Koroleva. Goodnight." (Queen) As soon as he finishes, a yawn, once again releases from his mouth and I couldn't help but chuckle. How come such people are there in my mafia? I've always dreamed on being in the mafia from the day I was adopted by mama. I've never regretted by decision of being the boss. I loved how independent the mafia made me, making me like it more.

I've heard many people who don't want to be married or have a child in the mafia because they believe it might endanger lives of their loved ones. On the other hand, there's me, I've always believed that death can come any time and it comes for a reason. I've been taught to love, live, laugh to the fullest so that you don't regret your choices when you're on the deathbed. When it comes to children, I think that you can't give them more protection than they receive when they are a part of the mafia. They are taught to fight which makes them strong not stupid.

"Thank you, Akim." Akim cuts the call and I keep on watching the movie since only a few minutes of it was left.

As soon as the movie finished, I got up from the sofa and went upstairs leaving Paloma on the Sofa. I went to the bathroom and took a cold shower which recharged my battery. I rinsed myself properly and went to the closet to wear clothes. I wore a white crop tank top and white sweats adding a simple gold chain to my neck. Wrapping my hair into a messy bun, I went downstairs to the office. I found an empty notebook on the table and tore a page while also taking a pen from the stand.