Chapter twenty one

It was the next day. I had slept through the whole day yesterday. Not surprising considering I had a hangover.

"Well, good morning, sunshine." Alex said, as she put her shoes on. I turned to look at the clock, and it was seven thirty.

"Are you going to Venable's class? It starts in half an hour." She said. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'll get ready soon. My body feels like I've been hit by twenty semi's." I replied. Alex went to the bathroom, and pulled out Advil.

"Take this, it'll make you feel better. It did for me." She said. I nodded.

"Do you want any food? I'll make breakfast before I go." She said.

"Sure." I replied. And with that, she made me food. She left and I still hadn't gotten ready. Now I feel too sick to eat, so I'll just get ready, I suppose.

I didn't know what to wear, so I just wore sweatpants and a hoody. I should've been in her class five minutes ago, but oh well. She'll live.

I made my way down the hall, and I started thinking about Wilhemina. I wanted to fix everything with her, and be happy again. I wanted her.

"You're late. Sit down, and we'll talk about it later." Wilhemina said, and I sat down. She looked and sounded drunk. Again. Or at least buzzed, because she could at least teach still.

I hate being in here, I hate seeing her. I hate not being able to kiss her after class ends, and us sneaking around and cuddling in her office. I need to leave. I picked up my stuff, and I left the room. She was about to say something, but Alex stopped her.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Alex said, as we were walking to our dorm.

"Her. She's what's wrong, I can't be in there anymore. I thought I'd be okay, but the breakup just hit me again." I replied. She nodded, and she sat on her bed. She told me to sit next to her, and she held me.

I hate feeling like this, I hate letting my feelings get to me. I feel weak, and pathetic.

An hour or so later, someone knocked on the door. I was praying it wasn't my mother, or father. Alex opened the door.

"I know neither of you want to see me, but please can I come in?" Wilhemina asked. Alex turned to look at me, then back at Mina. She nodded, and let Mina inside. I sat up, and I wiped the tears away. I didn't want her to see me like this.

She sat down next to me, and she looked at me. I couldn't tell if she was sober or not.

"Are you sober?" I asked. She nodded.

"I'm going to go, and leave you two alone for a bit. Y/n, if you need anything, call me. I'll be at the library." Alex said. I nodded, and she left.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I know you can't forgive me, and I know I hurt you but I really am sorry." She said. I don't know what to say at this point.

"Why did you choose your job over me? After everything, Mina.." I said, quietly.

"I was scared. I ran away from you because I'm afraid of commitment, and I told you this before we got together." She said softly.

"I knew something like this was going to happen, and I still got hurt by it." I replied. She interlocked her hand with mine.

"I'm sorry, you really didn't deserve that. I was stupid, and I realized I hate being without you. I hate seeing you sad, I hate that I left you. I never should've done that, and because I did, it only caused pain. I'm a better person with you, and you always made me happy." She said whispering. She didn't speak loudly because her voice would crack any moment. A tear rolled down her face, and I wiped it away.