29-Stay For Dinner

A/N: again the picture above is not livia that is just her outfit for this chapter tho the girl on the pic is literally stunning like can she share some of her beauty

1 week later

We were, unfortunately, back to our normal classes and work. Which also meant that Ashton and I had a lot of English work that we basically did none of in class. As a result, I was coming over to his house to catch up on work.

I was wearing a cute but comfy outfit (shown at the beginning of the chapter) and I put my hair back. I like picking out an outfit for myself that I like because it makes me feel like I have some sort of control over what I look like.

I just had another therapy session. My therapist, Katy, wants to put me on anti-depressants. I'm starting those next week and I hope to hell that they help.

I know I don't deserve the love that I'm getting for all this. I know that if I told them even half of the real truth they would never see me the same way. Or at least that's what I tell myself to justify listening to his threats.

I park outside of Ash's house. I take a deep breathe and compose myself like I always do before social interactions.

Walking out of my car, I knock on the door. There isn't an answer and I reach to get my phone and text Ashton. Before I can take my phone out of my bag, a car pulls into their driveway. I knock again so I don't seem like I'm awkwardly standing there.

A woman who looks like she's in her late 30's gets out of the car. She looks very put together in a suit with her hair pulled back.

"Are you one of Ashton's friends?" The woman asks me.

"Yeah, I'm Livia Hart. I don't know if he's mentioned me." I introduce myself to who I presume is his mum.

"Oh of course! I'm his mum by the way. He talks all about you!" She takes out her keys and unlocks the door. "Come on in, Livia."

She gestures for me to go inside and I do. I've been here before but I forgot how organized everything is.

"Thank you Ms. Rivera." I try to be polite because I want to make a good impression.

"Please, call me Diana." I nod at this. "Ashton!" She calls upstairs.

"Yes?" He calls down.

"Your girlfriend is here!" She calls back up.

"I'm not—" She cuts me off.

"I know." She winks at me and starts up the stairs. I try and keep up with her. We reach what must be Ashton's room and she opens the door.

"You have company. I thought I taught you better manners than to leave her waiting outside." Diana scolds her son.

"You did. I didn't hear the door." He swings his legs off the side of his bed and gets up.

"I'll leave you two to it. If you're going to have sex though, use protection!" She calls while leaving the room. I burst out laughing at this remark and Ashton turns red. I'm still cackling at how absolutely hilarious his mum is when he clears his throat awkwardly and I realize my laugh is  probably overkill at this point.

"I can't believe your mum said that. I aspire to be her one day." He just rolls his eyes at my comment. "Ok let's set a timer for 45 minutes and do work. After that we can have a ten minute break."

"Is that like a studying hack of yours?" He asks.

I just nod.
————
The 45 minute were up. We were actually productive for once in our lives. We now go downstairs. To do what? I don't know. But at least we won't be doing English work.

He guides me into a room which looks like the kitchen. Well it's definitely the kitchen.

Diana is cooking and I realize I should probably go home. I wouldn't want to disrupt their dinner.

"I should probably go home if you're having dinner." I tell Ash. Diana must have heard my comment because she responds.

"Oh please, stay for dinner. It's not a big deal I have enough food for four people. It'll be fun." She invites me to dinner. I'm not going to lie, I do want to stay. Diana seems really nice.

"I just have to text my dad." I say before quickly texting and asking if it's ok that I stay here for dinner. He says it's totally fine and I tell them that.

"Amelie should be home soon and then we can start. Ashton why don't you set the table." She tells him this more than asks him but Ash doesn't seem to care. He gets dishes out of the cabinets and lays them on the table.

"Can I help with anything?" I ask.

"I have everything under control for now but thank you for the offer." I smile at her.

Ashton and I go out to the front of the house and get some fresh air since it's really nice outside.

We see a car pull up in front of the house, in front of mine. After a few seconds, Amelie steps out of it. Seeing us, she waves at whoever drove her and walks over to where we're standing.

She looks as stunning as she looked last time I saw her, wearing a black cropped tank top and black jeans. Her long blonde waves falling over her shoulders elegantly. She's wearing black platform converse.

"Who were you with?" Ashton asks.

"You don't want to know." Amelie responds, calmly.

"Who?"

"Brett."
~~~~
A/N: idek what to write here... I love Amelie so much and you barely know her yet though.

unedited ofc

kisses 💋
x