24-Bonfire Bonding

A/N: if u have any tropes that u like and would like me to try and include comment on this and I can do that :)
~~~~
We arrived half an hour ago.

We left all our stuff on the buses and they were unloading it for us while we went on a hike. I thought it was unnecessary to go on a hike the second we got there but some people really like hiking I guess.

I've been blasting the Beatles the entire hike. Come Together was on right now, god I fucking love this song.

"I know you, you know me. One thing I can tell you is you got to be free. Come together, right now, over me!" I scream the lyrics with Kai. Of course Kai would be someone to know the lyrics of every Beatles song.
———
We had finished the hike after a long hour and a half. I realize that isn't actually that long in retrospect but it felt like years.

We arrive at the place and it is actually super nice. It's a fancy camping place because they couldn't take a bunch of teens out into the wild with no showers for almost a week. That's a recipe for disaster.

It has a 3 buildings each have a bunch of bunks  in them and each bunk has 4 bunk beds.

We are split into different buildings as the guys. In our bunk was me, Leila, Kailey, Liza, Hallie, Daisy, and Hayden.

It was a pretty great bunk. Liza, Hallie, Daisy and Hayden were all friends and they were weird but in a good way. They were all down to go do something crazy together but we're generally nice people.

We don't bother unpacking before walking over to the guys bunks.

A bunch of the guys from the team are all in one bunk, including my brother, Kai, and Ashton. Jay was in a different bunk.

There was a shared little building with a common room and kitchen.

We all hang out in the common room and simply talk. Things were finally back to normal and I'm so grateful for that.
———
We have "bonfire bonding" (as the school calls it) and roast marshmallows.

My therapist told me that even if I don't want to eat something that I need to force myself to. Also, if I'm constantly starving then it's gonna bite me in my ass and I'll eat a lot of carbs all at once.

I end up eating a bite of a marshmallow.

I'm proud of myself for what might seem like a small action, but is huge for me.

Me and Ashton are back to our usual banter.

It's not helping entirely that I keep wanted to feel him up every time we have a conversation. I try to ignore this urge, but am struggling very much.

I keep having to sit on my hands to stop myself from simply running them through his hair. That would be beyond awkward.

All I can think of is the electric feeling of our previous kiss.

I realize I've been spacing out for at least the past five to ten minutes.

Immediately, I check my surroundings to make sure I'm not too out of it. Everyone is still there.

My eyes fall on Ashton. Less on Ashton and more on the girl behind him. She's playing with his hair and they're laughing together.

I fucking hate this whole just friends thing.

Two can play that game.

I walk up to a guy on the football team. He's flirted with me for the longest time. His name is Chase and he's not not hot but not my type. He's blonde. I don't particularly like blondes. That's not the point.

I slide into the almost non-existent seat next to him, and we're smushed next to each other.

"Hey, Gorgeous." He smiles at me. I flirt back with him for once in my life.

"Hey, Handsome."

"What brings you here." He says, adding, "Not that I'm complaining." quickly as an afterthought.

"Can't I simply enjoy your company." I retort.

"Of course you can. And I, yours." He sounds like he's from the 1800's with that statement.

We flirt back and forth for a bit before the teachers tell us we need to get back to our rooms.

As I'm saying bye to Chase I hear one of the most fucking annoying names anyone has ever called me.

"Pal, how has your night been?" He says the word with such venom that even I'm shocked.

"It was great. What about you?" My jaw is clenched, so is his.

"Same. Well I'm glad, but you should be heading to bed. Wouldn't want my pal to get in trouble."

"He's right, I better get going. I'm in the next building, see you tomorrow!" Chase waves at me as he walks away.

"How was the girl you were hanging out with?" I give him a playful punch on the shoulder that hasn't quite crossed the line of it not being playful. He keeps his ground, and smiles, not his real smile.

"Oh, she's great. Her names Felicity. She has the most beautiful smile, don't you think?" I roll my eyes at this.

We are so bad at being subtle.

"Goodnight Ashton."

"Goodnight Livia."
~~~~
A/N: I stayed up until 3 am to give u a double update so your welcome.

I want to get to chapter 40 before my school starts (in 12 days) so I want to get into doing double updates. Anyways please comment and vote!

kisses 💋
x