chapter thirteen

The next days, it rained. It shouldn't prevent Ariel and Regulus from meeting, but they didn't reach out to each other after that night. Both needed time to reflect on what had happened, to think about their relationship and their own feelings as well. Ariel liked Regulus, a lot, he was sure of it. He tried to think of the moment he stopped seeing Regulus as a mere friend. If he was ever considered a friend. He tried to think of the moment he started considering Regulus as someone he wanted the attention of rather than someone worth his attention. It took him a while to feel attracted, and maybe he had been playing with him the whole time before he started catching feelings for the boy. Considering how far they have gone already, he realized it was too late now. Too late to stop everything. They couldn't be stopped. Both. Ariel couldn't refrain himself from getting close to him. And Regulus couldn't stop the blooming feelings in his chest, the affection, the envy, pushing him towards Ariel without being able to control himself. And he didn't want the contrary to happen.

The end of August approached slowly. Way too slowly for the blond boy. But he was glad it was finally there so he could meet with the other boy. He even decided to send him some words the day before coming back.

'My dear Regulus,

I cannot express how much I want to meet you again and I am glad this day is coming soon.

You have been missed at home, and I missed you as well, in my bedroom, my garden, I missed you everywhere you have been. I missed swimming with you and kissing with you. I missed you Regulus.

I hope these last days have been pleasant for you and that you have been doing well ever since we left each other.

Affectionately yours,

Ariel Orson Malfoy'

The words flew so easily out of his quill, as if he had been wanting to tell Regulus this for so long. And it was true Ariel always had a lot to talk whenever he was meeting back with Regulus. Even when the youngest would stay quiet, Ariel would perfectly fill the conversation, pleasing Regulus as well.

As hours approached, the blond boy could feel the void in him reducing little by little, being replaced by an excitement he had never felt. He, who could barely feel anything aside from emotions like satisfaction, pride, annoyance and such, he discovered the need of someone. The need to be close again.

Much to Ariel's displeasure, platform 9 ¾ was crowded on September 1st. It made it difficult for him to spot the one he had been longing to see. And Regulus spotted him first. He appeared from behind, showed his presence with a touch of hand and making the older boy turn around immediately.

"Regulus," he whispered, looking at him with intensity in his blue eyes before taking a hold of his emotions again. "It's nice to see you again."

"As you say," he replied, a small, barely visible, grin placed on his lips.

Ariel then drew out his hand, surprising the raven-haired male, confused by such greeting especially thinking about everything that had happened between them during those holidays. But he took a hold of his hand in return. And he loved the warmth. A warmth he had missed. He loved his hold on him. Something he had missed as well. And he loved how soft it felt. And of course he had missed Ariel's soft touch as well. For a moment it felt like he forgot how to breath before he let out a small sigh. Shaking hands with Ariel made him want to throw himself in his arms. But he knew that was impossible, not in such a crowded place, not at school, not anywhere where they could be seen. And the blond boy knew it too. He had the urge to touch him more, as he let his fingers discreetly caress his hand and wrist. But he couldn't. And it frustrated him so much.