chapter eleven

Regulus unexpectedly arrived by the end of the afternoon. Or maybe his arrival was expected by Ariel. Maybe he was just waiting for him, guessing he would visit him very soon.

He walked out of the house and discovered the elder boy lying down in the grass, his smooth skin glistening under the burning sun. He looked so handsome. Ariel didn't notice his presence at first.

"Wake up."

The blond boy opened up his eyes upon hearing this voice, a voice he adored. He looked up at Regulus through his sunglasses and a smile finally drew itself on his features.

"Oh it's my little baby," he spoke joyfully.

His words got him a glare from the younger boy who replied sourly, "You're being too familiar."

Ariel knew perfectly how to tease the boy and he just laughed. "You love it when I'm being familiar."

And Regulus rolled his eyes, looking uninterested.

"Come here. I've missed you," told him Ariel, patting the spot next to him.

"We literally saw each other yesterday."

"Yeah but I didn't get to cuddle you last night," answered the boy with a disappointed pout.

Regulus finally walked up to him and came to lie by his side. It was only natural for him to place his head and his hand on the other boy's chest, secretly enjoying his presence and warmth.

"Aren't you being a little familiar?" asked teasingly the boy, smirking but his hand gave soothing caresses to Regulus' smooth curls.

The raven-haired male just hummed, acting uninterested by his words until Ariel spoke up again.

"My parents are home you know."

Regulus only realized at this moment what he was doing, the situation he could be caught in and he instantly detached himself from the boy, putting distance between them.

"We shouldn't... get too close then..."

"I'm just messing with you, you know. I don't think they'll be interested in what I'm doing so don't worry, they won't check on us," he whispered back, rolling on the ground until finding Regulus beside him again. His hand went up to the boy's face, angling it towards him so they could look at each other. They stared deeply, intently into each other's irises. "I missed you too much to not get too close."

"Me too..." murmured Regulus almost inaudibly, as if he didn't want Ariel to hear him, before the boy started kissing him. It was soft and sensual, just like Ariel, and it tasted like honey just like him as well. Regulus loved his sweet taste. He loved how good of a kisser was Ariel. And Ariel loved how timid Regulus' movements were, even after all this time. It made him smile gently.

"Get rid of this and we're going," murmured the blond boy while slipping his hand under the other boy's shirt and he nodded.

"It's too hot to wear this anyway..." he muttered back, opening his eyes to look at Ariel who was wearing his usual smirk

After some minutes they were walking hand in hand in the grass, surrounded by nature, so peacefully. Ariel felt a lot better now, it felt so calming to be with Regulus. He had no worry in him at the moment, he chose to enjoy his time.

As per usual, they followed their routine and dived into the water. Regulus didn't mind the cold anymore, it felt refreshing in this hot afternoon. But for some reasons, he had a hard time to cool down when Ariel was so close which was the case now. He stayed stuck to him for a while, relaxing against him quietly. Only the sounds of the nature were breaking the silence and it felt so relaxing.