Moving on.

It's the beginning of a new chapter in life, I'm moving away from everything I knew and once loved. It was time for a fresh start in life and moving out to LA was where I decided to begin.

I didn't have many friends out this way as I've always been an introvert, preferring to keep to myself and enjoying my own company. My parents are always too busy with work and their own lives to make too much time for me.

I open my laptop, plopping onto my couch and placing it on the old coffee table in front of me. Before I can go anywhere, I need a place to stay.

I opened the browser on my laptop and typed the first thing that came to mind "Rooms for rent in LA". Clicking through ad after ad of grungy looking small rooms, my stomach growls calling out for me to eat something, looking down at the time on the screen, I gasp realising I've been looking for hours.

I get up and make my way to the kitchen to make some food, grabbing my phone out of my pocket and resting it on the bench next to the fridge. While rummaging through the fridge finding nothing but left over Chinese from the day before I grab it out, putting it in the microwave for a couple minutes.

I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through my socials, not finding much interest in anything. The microwave dings so I get my food out and take it back with me to the couch to keep searching. "You need this!" you think to yourself, "you've got to find something!!"

Ready to give up, I click one ad that seems to pop out to me. Shrugging to myself, I decide to give this one a chance, scrolling to the bottom of the ad to find a phone number. I punch the number into my phone and decide to text it requesting a time to see the place leaving all my details for the person on the other side.

Y/N - You
H/O - House owner.

Y/N: Hello! My name is (Y/N), I've found your ad online for a room to rent and was wondering if it was still available?

Within minutes I get a reply from the home owner.

H/O: Hi (Y/N), yes the room is still available, I will be home tomorrow by 1pm if you would like to come past and have a look?

Without hesitation and a little bit relieved, I answer their text.

Y/N: Amazing, I will see you then.

I end up spending the rest of the day starting to gather my things and pack them into boxes. I haven't got a lot after moving from my parents home a few months ago and living in an overpriced small unit. The place now came with the furniture in it so it wont take long to gather what's actually mine. It will need to be packed anyway, I'll just leave out what I might need for the next few weeks.

After a few hours of packing, I'm starting to get tired. I decide to go to bed without eating as I'm not too hungry.

I walk into my bathroom to brush my teeth and put my pyjamas on and then hop into my bed ready for tomorrows viewing.