33. Thanksgiving dinner

Star's POV:

I'm nervous. "You look great Star. Now please stop fiddling with your outfit!" Jocelyn says, with a small smile. I'm wearing a simple white shirt under a sweater and black jeans.

The reason why I'm dressed up is because Nina asked me to join her family for Thanksgiving dinner at her house

The reason why I'm dressed up is because Nina asked me to join her family for Thanksgiving dinner at her house. "What if her dad hates me?" I can't help the thoughts in my head. My father has never been around for me to know or even have a guess of what father's are like. How am I supposed to make Nina's dad like me? And I'm a girl. And I'm clumsy. What if I drop something? What if he thinks I'm rude? I do say things without thinking sometimes. What if- "Star. Star! Snap out of it" Jocelyn comes into view as my eyes refocus. "You're an amazing person. Nina loves you and even if he doesn't like you, which is highly unlikely, it won't change anything between you guys. So don't worry. Just breathe. Nina will be there and you will be fine" I smile. "Thanks Jocelyn, what would I do without you". I'm glad I asked her to come over before the dinner. And she's right. Everything will be fine...I hope. I give her a quick hug before grabbing my coat and heading out the door.

Nina's POV:

"Dad. Okay please be nice. Don't bring up anything medical and please for god's sake don't make any dad jokes. Please. Just for one night." My dad laughs and my mom joins him. "I'll try" he says with a wink. We're all dressed up. My parents look great together. Sure they have explosive fights about the stupidest things but anyone can see that they love eachother. My mom is adding the last final touches to the food. She's being more fussy than ever. "Your special someone is coming. Everything has to be perfect" she reasons. I'm wearing a burgundy turtle neck with jeans.

I go up to my room to put some earrings and my watch on

I go up to my room to put some earrings and my watch on. I cross my 13 year old brother's room and see him on his phone as usual. "Nathan! Please get off your phone for atleast for 10 minutes". He glares at me. Not surprised. Atleast he's dressed and ready for dinner. Star should be here any time now. I'm not worried. I know my parents will love her. My mom already does. And my brother honestly doesn't care about anything. I reach my room, put on my accessories and scroll through my phone. No messages... I wonder when she'll be here... Just as this thought goes through my head, the doorbell rings... And my heart beat quickens.