4. A fun Saturday

Starlyn's POV:

I wake up to music blaring in my room and my mom yelling from downstairs. I immediately check the time. 8:30 AM. The pleasure of getting extra sleep on weekends is so awesome. I would've slept for a few more hours if this music and the voice of mom didn't disturb me. "I'm up!! Stop yelling!!" I yell back and turn off the music after dancing for a while.

She knows I'll wake up if my favorite song is being played. I immediately brush my teeth and walk downstairs. "Morning the great mother of mine!" I say dramatically and giggle. "Morning lazy kid of mine. Come get some pancakes" she rolled her eyes and smiled.

I went to the kitchen and got my plate along with some juice. "Hmm where's dad mom?" I asked while stuffing myself with pancakes. "Don't talk with mouthful and he's out again for a trip" she replied.

"Again? Ugh... When is he coming back?" I asked. "He didn't say me dear. Let's hope he messages or calls soon. He was in a hurry so..." she shrugged and sat down across me. I then told her about school. I don't know why but I smiled every time I said something about Nina. Probably because she's just a really sweet girl. Then we talked about her work and how her co workers behaved like children seeing a basket of chocolates when their project made a big profit for the company.

I laughed and immediately asked for chocolates. I mean, chocolates are life!! To which my mom didn't agree of course. So I just sat there pouting like a kid. "Fine fine I'll give you money. Go buy them yourself because I've got some important work at office. Bye sweetie. Stay safe and come back right after you leave the shop. Don't roam around. And, Jake and his sister might be coming here. Don't make the house a mess" she said pointing her index finger at me in a warning manner, like I'm a child.

"Yes ma'am" I grinned and saluted her. She chuckled and went off to work. I plopped down on the couch and scrolled through the channels. Nothing interesting. Not even in the science channels. It had some old episodes going on which I had already watched for what? 5 to 6 times I guess.

I just sighed and took my phone and texted my friends from old school. The only one that replied immediately was Lindsay. Carmen and Liza are probably busy watching movie while Allen is playing arcade or something.

Incoming video call from Lindsay

I immediately answer.

"HEEYYYYY STARLYN!!!! HOW ARE YOU??? AAHHH IT"S BEEN SO LONG!!!" she yelled through the phone, I had to reduce the volume for a while. "Jeez Lindy my ears are bleeding now. I hate you" I put a hand over my ear while covering the other with my shoulder.

She just laughed. "Haha you love me don't lie!! Anyway, answer my question!!" "I'm good Lindy. How are you? How are your parents?" I smiled. "That's good!! I'm perfect and mom and dad are doing great too!! They miss you. Not more than me though" she giggled.

I rolled my eyes and we talked for about an hour until her mom scolded her for messing up her room again. Funny how she manages to pull everything out of its place when she's on phone.

1 hour down. 7 more to go before mom returns. I decided to shower and go buy my chocolates. I just wore a T shirt and knee length shorts. They cover my knees because I hate my knees. Full of scars. I'm a clumsy child hehe.

"Chocolates! Here I come!!" I say to no one in particular, like an idiot before taking my dad's bike and go to the shop. I'm not 16 yet, but who cares. The cops can't catch me since there's a shop only 10 minutes from my home. It is completely safe so my parents let me go once in a while.

The breeze hit my face, it made me smile. I could ride around all day. One of my favorite thing to do is ride my dad's bike. I quickly buy quite a lot of chocolates and made my way to the billing counter. I saw someone standing with their back facing me. Her hair seemed familiar. I walked closer to see who it was.