25. Trip down memory lane

A/N: trigger warning for mild violence and sexual assault. Not detailed but it is mentioned vaguely

Star's POV:

"So when can I leave?" I asked my mom again, probably 10th time. After I told them about what happened, the hot officer (don't tell Nina that) went to write the report and build a case to put him behind the bars for long time. He deserves to rot in there. I'm not sure if I want to reveal the fact that I already know him and about what he did to me. For now my focus is to get out of here. Never been a fan of hospitals.

Just as my mom was about to respond the doctor came in.

"You can leave now Starlyn. You're good to go" he said smiling widely.

"Oh thank God. I need to change my clothes first" I said getting out of the bed slowly. Nina being the best girlfriend ever is gone to get me something from the vending machine.

My mom had left to inform my father and sister I guess, while the doctor stayed back. "Starlyn can I talk to you about something?"

"Um sure what's up?" I hesitantly asked.

"Don't be offended, but I saw the scars on your arm-" Shit. Fuck. "- if you need any help, you know like therapy maybe? Just let me know and I can arrange you with something. I'm not forcing you so yeah" he awkwardly tried to explain.

I have no problem with therapy. But that meant letting my parents know. Am I ready for that? Nope. Will they understand? Nah. I'm fine now right?

"Th-thanks for the offer Dr. Jones but I'm fine" I said forcing a from smile. He just nodded and left the room. Fuck. This is also why I hate hospitals. You can't hide anything.

I quickly changed to my usual outfit. Shorts and a shirt. Even the slightest stretch hurts like hell. However am I gonna stay put for 6 weeks? I groaned and stepped outside of the room to be met with Nina with armful of snacks.

"Oh! You're the best baby" I kissed her cheek completely oblivious to the fact that both of our moms were right behind her. I hope they didn't notice our moment. I quickly grabbed the M&Ms and started munching on them while my mom, who had just noticed me took the bag of clothes from me.

"Mom I can carry it give it back" I tried to get it only to get my hand swatted away. I pouted causing Nina to chuckle at my antics. I huffed and continued munching on my snacks.

"Do you wanna come with us or should we drop you off at your home?" I questioned Nina.

"Um.." she looked at her mom who nodded slightly. "I'll pick you up before dinner. Just send me the address later" she said before squeezing Nina's shoulder and getting back to work.

"Well that's awesome then. Let's go! I call shotgun!" I grabbed the keys from my mom before speed walking to the elevator. It hurt to run and I can't believe I'm not running at the first chance.

Soon we were on our way back home.

--

I laid on my back and pulled Nina along to cuddle. A million thoughts and scenarios running through my head, I barely noticed her fingers tracing around the bandage on my stomach.

"What's on your mind?" Her soft voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"A lot" I vaguely answered.

"Wanna talk about it?"

I took a deep breath and let it out. "I know him"

"The guy who hurt you?"

I nodded. "I've had an encounter with him before. When I was young"

She nodded encouragingly. I'm ready to do this. To finally talk about what actually happened that night.

"I was around 7 years old at that time.."

Flashback

I was walking back from the park. It was only 5 mins from my home so I was allowed to go and come by myself as long as I let my mom know.

It was a little after 6:30 and it was already dark. Thanks to the billboards and neon signs everywhere it was still bright.

As I was walking past a bar I heard some groaning noise from the alley beside it. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

A figure stood in front of me before grabbing at me. I was pushed against the wall with the hand still covering my mouth. It was a man. Tall and big. That's as far as I could see in the dark alley. Of course I'd been warned about alleys before but I didn't realize it would actually happen. All rational thoughts left my mind.

I screamed and flailed my arms but it was all for nothing. He slapped my right cheek before trailing his hand below my skirt. Tears streamed my face as i struggled against him.

He was strong. I was weak. And small.
(End)

Tears formed in my eyes as I tried to breathe properly. Letting out a ragged breath I tightened my grip on her arm.

"You don't have to-" she started but I cut her off by shaking me head.

"I've to do this. I'm not scared of him. Just" I can't even explain what it is. But I've to do this.

(Continuation)

His one hand touched me in the private part as I kept struggling against him. Just as his hand started moving someone moved in from the other end of the alley.

"Who's there?" The voice said. Fearing being caught the man let me go before running away. As the other person ran after the man I slipped out of the place, running straight to my home.

"Oh thank God you're back I was so scared. Wash up and get down for dinner. Get your sister down too please" my mom said from the kitchen as I went for the stairs.

"Yes mom" I replied before running up to mine and Sierra's room.

I felt dirty and disgusted. Washing my face and arms I decided it was best to act like nothing happened. It was my fault right? For trusting a stranger. Yeah it was my fault.

(End of flashback)

"No God no it wasn't your fault babe. You did nothing wrong" she hugged me close before wiping my tears away.

"It was. If I hadn't approached that alley, if I had just left to house earlier it wouldn't have happened"

"No. Listen to me. You were young. You were a child for god's sake Star. It wasn't your fault. You're so strong and brave Star. You've been assaulted by him but you still chose to face him again and protect another girl. That's such a badass thing to do baby" she grabbed my cheeks and kissed my lips softly.

Still recovering from the horrible memory trip I snuggled into her arms as she cradled me. I felt safe.

"Do... Do you want to tell the police this? This can get him behind bars for more years"

"No. Telling them meant telling my parents. Going to the court and retelling it to everyone and I can't do that" I shuddered at the thought of telling anyone else.

"Alright. You don't have to. Do you want to watch something?" She took my laptop from the nightstand.

We decided to settle on Finding Nemo as we cuddled. "You're safe baby. I won't let anyone hurt you" she whispered in my ear making me smile in relief. That's all I need.

A/N: guess who's birthday it is? That's right it's mine!! So here is chapter 25 on 25th. Nice coincidence lol. No I'm not 25 yrs old I'm still very much young. There might be another update soon. Hope this clears something about the mystery man. It's not the end of it though. There's more to come. Thanks for reading. Have a good day. Take care everyone ❣️