Talkative

Wesley

Gennie looked so different. I had already told her. I'm sure it wasn't her tied up hair neither was it the shapely fitted outfit, it wasn't the soft makeup on her beautiful face. There was something, a different aura around her.

Maybe it was because she was pregnant with my child.

I had asked her to stay the night because I wanted her close, I wanted to forget everything that had happened in my life and be happy at least for the night since she alone had the power to consume my worries!

She was staring blankly at me like I had told her to come with me to the moon.

My eyes remained on her lips, waiting. Waiting for her permission to kiss her breathless.

I leaned in closer, expecting her to avert her eyes, to pull back, she didn't. She was transfixed. Was she breathing at all?

It felt like the rest of my dreams when our lips met and then nothing...

Slowly I took her soft lips in a slow kiss. Her eyes fell close when she kissed back. I pulled her closer as the unplanned kiss deepened. Her hands were now in my hair, stroking it. 

I pulled back a little unexpectedly before it heightened. That wasn't the reason I came. I had missed her and would give anything to take her to bed right now but, it was just too early.

Her face dropped in either disappointment or embarrassment. Tension was beginning to build up in the room.

"Please order something I'm starving please!" I pouted like a kid, she laughed.

"Okay! Okay, baby boy!" She playfully nudged my arms with her elbow.

Using the intercom, she placed the order.

We talked about some random stuff and she was laughing throughout. Her laughter was beautiful to listen to. She was beautiful, I wished our daughter would look like her.

When the meal arrived, it was almost ten-thirty pm. She had ordered just one plate, just for me, saying it was too late to eat.

I ate as she continued talking, pouring herself, and I a glass of red wine. She took a sip of hers, handing me mine. I never realized until now she was this talkative. Joe was right, quiet girls were usually talkative, I could see that in Gennie.

The chicken wing pepper soup was spicy and tasty. It tasted different from the meals I ever tasted. It was kinda addictive, the more I ate it, the more I wanted more. I wondered what kind of recipes they used. Their rice was great as well.

After my meal, it was almost eleven o'clock pm. she got up and stretched.

"I'm tired I need to rest!"

"I thought you were staying?" Disappointment lingered in my tone.

"Seriously? It's your first night, I don't want you to be disturbed by my snores!" She jested.

"I don't think you snore, and I wouldn't mind!" I shrugged.

"Wesley I'll see you in the morning!!" She laughed, then yawned.

"Isn't it late?" I looked for excuses to make her want to stay.

"I'm driving so it's not a big deal!" She dropped her empty wine glass on the table, taking her purse off the white sofa.

I got up as well. She narrowed her brows at me, confused.

"I'll see you off!" I stated.

"No! You need to rest Wesley, I can manage. Have your rest, I'll see you in the morning!" She came closer and brushed a soft kiss on my jaw.

"Alright! Have a good night Gennie! Please be careful!" My gaze was soft when it snagged hers.

She nodded, I walked her to the door. She smiled at me as she headed out.

Then I closed the door when she disappeared into the long corridor.

The room was now empty. There was nothing to do, it was late to get down for anything. I wasn't sleepy at all.

Room service came in and took the dishes and cleaned up.

I turned on the television, sat on the bed, poured myself another glass of wine as I watched something, I saw one of their traditional movies and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

The next morning, I had woken up as early as five. I couldn't get much sleep that night, Gennie invaded my dream and plus I couldn't get enough rest on my first night in a strange bed. I had that trouble each night I slept in a hotel.

I went to the gym that morning in the hotel, it didn't take long before I came back and had a shower and changed into something simple.

I heard the doorbell ring, I knew who it was. When I opened the door. Gennie stood in a black tank top and pants, smiling into my face. Her hair was let loose to fly, her Daisy scent blew passed me when she did, into the room.

"Good morning! Hope you slept well?" She smiled. I closed the door.

"I couldn't, it's difficult to rest completely in a strange bed!" I said.

"It's never been a problem for me! The only time I have problems sleeping like last night is if I've got someone on my mind!" She abruptly said, immediately covering her lips. She searched my face to confirm if I heard that. Too much of a talkative.

"Ooh! Who was on your mind?" I chuckled.

I saw her blush and how she quickly averted her eyes when they met mine. I knew exactly what she was thinking, her eyes were loud enough to tell me!

"You must've really regretted not sleeping over!" I smirked, she blinked repeatedly.

"Don't be too confident dude!" She took a seat exactly where she did the previous night, crossing her long legs. "Have you had breakfast yet?"

"No, not yet! Things in that menu sound strange to me!" I laughed.

"Great because I haven't either!" She smiled, taking the menu off the small table, flipping over the fat pages.

After gazing at it for some minutes, she threw it aside and looked into my face. Smiling, she said.

"I have a better idea!"

"You do?"

~

I think Gennie and I share just one thing in common... that's our eyes giving away our thoughts... I hate that more than anything! 😂 I wonder who else is usually betrayed by their eyes?? Anyone?🤨😂
            Tehil