Morning kisses

Gennie

I squinted my gaze at him, seeing the flashes of anger in his eyes, something must be wrong somewhere. He cursed again into his phone.

"Everything okay Wesley?" I was a bit concerned. I knew I had no right to be overly concerned about his personal life, we just met and I barely knew him, the things he was into, few hours conversation wasn't enough to boast you know someone.

He heaved a sigh, quickly tearing his gaze from his phone, straight to my inquisitive face.

"I'm sorry but I have to go, it's something urgent."

Wow! A perfect way to end the evening! Hmmm!

"Oh! It's okay! If it's urgent then it must be really important." I acted cool like the sudden cancellation of our latter plans didn't affect me in any way. In all honesty, I was a bit disappointed. Overly disappointed!

"I'll call a driver to take you back! I'm really sorry!" He apologized. I saw sincerity and disappointment in his eyes.

"Emergencies do happen so no need to be apologetic!" I laughed. No, forced a laugh. Hmm!

A few minutes later, a driver pulled up in a black Benz, Wesley handed me a card from his hip pocket, "call me when you get to your room!" He held open the door for me, I got in. He closed the door and the driver drove off.

Was that how American men behaved?

I shrugged in the back seat of the car. Then definitely, all men were totally the same. The same tree, same fruits no, matter how ripe or less ripe they were, they'd still end up rotten. Huff!

When I got to my room, I took a warm bath and got ready for bed. I checked my emails, there were just three new mails, one from my boss at work, two from my best friend, Emily. I replied to each message and shut down my laptop.

I lay on my bed, thinking of nothing but how wonderful the night would've been if that phone call didn't ruin the atmosphere! I cursed the minutes his phone rang.

~

The next morning was... it was heavenly! We had breakfast together, he came up to my room as early as seven am, with an attendant rolling in a breakfast trolley.

We talked, laughed, played, and got to know ourselves. By getting to know ourselves, there was no getting down-south, or smooches, neither were there any touches, well, except when our shoulders and knees fiercely brushed... Occasionally!

He told me about his experiences in the barracks and life in general. I laughed throughout the endless seeming conversations. Wesley had a great personality that went well with his handsome built, the kind that would make you want to have him near all the time. He was really warm.

I told him about my demanding work back in Nigeria and a little about my past relationships. He never mentioned anything relationships to me, I felt he wasn't the type that went back to his vomit. He was a bit uneasy with the relationship topic so I had to drive it off to something else.

When breakfast was over, an attendant cleaned up. I was itching to ask what came up the previous night, I felt like I had the right to know since he had canceled up on me, but I decided against it, after much consideration.

I was now by the window, staring outside the incredible view, I felt him join me by the window. He leaned in closer to me, I froze when his breath caught on the nape of my neck. I was fully aware of his hard frame behind me. My eyes involuntarily flickered close as I basked in his overwhelming musky scent.

"The view is nice up here!" He spoke into my ears. It reverberated through my entire body, sending every nerve on its end. My pulse quickened, I tried to focus on something else other than his strong scent and his sultry tone.