Love Or Lust

Gennie

Immediately, I came back to the world I had zoned out of, I looked up to meet his waiting hazel eyes. I gulped. instinctively bit my lower lips trying to organize my words. When the words couldn't come out right, I managed a nod with a smile. At twenty-three, I was still acting like a kid with a crush on the new boy in school, having her tongue glued to the roof of her mouth the minute he says 'hi!'

The young Adonis pulled out the seat from across me on the small table-for-two with a fat smile on his handsome face. Now he was smiling, his full lips parted exposing his white teeth, his eyes lit up in a seductive glee. Knock it off girl! I mentally slapped myself, trying to focus on anything but his face and his musky scent that now filled my nose, tempting me to lean in.

As he sat, his long leg accidentally brushed against my bare leg underneath the table, sending jolts of heat up my body to every sensitive part of my body. I looked up at him. His eyes were soft as he stared, his square jaw tightened, making me wonder if he felt the same heat.

The blonde waitress that followed him with his meal dropped the meal on the table and left.

"I'm Wesley Adams." He said after the blonde waitress had gone, leaving us the privacy we deserved.

"Gennie!" Was all my tongue could roll. He took my hand in his and shook it briskly not breaking the enchanting gaze, his thumb gently grazing the back of my palm.

"Really nice to meet you!" He released my hand and it surprisingly felt empty without his. I nodded before placing it back on the table.

"Looks like you were at the party last night, right?" He asked.

Did he notice me last night? Was he only trying to make a conversation? Either way, I had him here and I had to keep up with the conversation lest he assumed I wasn't interested. Interested in wherever we were heading.

"Oh! Yes, I'm glad I was invited." I gave him my most captivating smile, and it worked perfectly!

"It was a great party." He added.

"Of course!" Since he had a fleet of girls gawking and praying to have a chance with him. A jealous part of me wondered if he took any up to his room.

I surreptitiously watched him under my lashes as he took a mouthful of his fries, he looked so charming and sleek. With every look at his face, I was wondering how he tastes. Holy shit! The things my brain was building up. Focus girl! Focus!!!

"You're African?" He asked something about his American accent made his voice deep and sensuous.

"Obviously, A Nigerian to be precise."

Wasn't it obvious? I was light skin black which was clear for all to see.

"I haven't met anyone from Nigeria before. I heard Nigeria is the home of great meals?" He raised a brow.

I laughed at the misconception.

"Of course they're great meals ranging from the various tribes and their different cuisines, but there's more to Nigeria than her meals."

"Really? Like what?" He leaned in, his hazel eyes seeming intrigued. Our legs brushed again underneath the table, heat reverberated up my body again. I had to focus on the conversation and ignore whatever it was my body was doing. So I laughed again, avoiding his appealing gaze.

"I would say the weather, the weather is extremely great."

"Oh, you must be regretting coming to New York in December then?" He went back to his meal, cutting into the chicken breast, but his interest still intact.

"No, not at all. I expected the cold, I came prepared for it." I shrugged.

I took another mouthful of my spaghetti, taking extra care not to let it slurp, having wet pasta dangling from your mouth wasn't too good for a first impression. My hand reached for the water bottle on my right, I poured water into the glass, still glancing at the features on his handsome face from underneath my long lashes.

"You must be American? You have a deep accent." I asked before drinking the water.

"Yeah, born and brought up in Texas, then moved to Florida got trained in Miami, the barracks, that's where I spent most of my years in."

"You're in the military?" No wonder those muscles underneath his gray t-shirt. Why wasn't he wearing his camouflage? Most of them did all the time, at least a touch of it.

There was a brief pause before he nodded. He took a glass of water. Cleared his throat and asked,

"Why did you choose here of all the exotic places for winter vacation? New York could be pretty rough at Christmas for foreigners! The cold is usually unbearable."

"I've always wanted to come here, I read so much about it and when I had the chance to, I grabbed it with both hands." I giggled.

"I hope you enjoy your stay! How long would you be staying?"

"One more week then I call it off. Looks like you're leaving soon?" My little voice asked, wanting to know how long it would last before we parted ways.

"I'll stay a couple of weeks then I'll return to Florida."

I looked down at my empty plate and frown. I wished the spaghetti didn't have to finish so I wouldn't have to call it off. So I wouldn't have to walk away from those captivating eyes and so I could bask in his musky scent all day. Since time was one of the numerous enemies of love or lust I should say, I had to end the wonderful moment. For now.

There was a great silence. I drank water from the glass and stole one last glance at his face. Got up, strengthening my mini jeans skirt before taking my jacket.

"I'll return to my room now, I'm a bit tired."

"Alright then, you should rest, maybe later tomorrow we could... maybe hangout?" He raised a brow.

That wasn't a date for sure, I knew quite well, so I wasn't going to jump at it, or up and down like a little girl that just won a candy in a dance contest.
I rested my two hands on the mahogany table bending slightly to give him a glimpse of my swollen chest.

"Sure, tomorrow would be perfect! And I'm in room 346 just in case you're bored or you need anything!" I smiled taking my lips in between my teeth.

What could he possibly need? Was I flirting now? I was hopeless. I felt like a hopeless whore! But who cared? At some point, a girl must turn whore like it or loathe it, it was true.

He nodded and I walked away, carefully selecting my steps knowing a pair of hazel eyes were watching.

~

Thanks for reading, it means a lot to me🤗😘

Your comments give me the energy and motivation to keep writing, so please voice your thoughts on the comment box. Annnnnd your vote is much appreciated!

Thanks too for the previous comments.

I love you all, stay safe!🦋