twenty nine

Here's your Wafaa filled chapter. Make sure to vote comment and tell me what you think.

It took like thirty chapters to get to the actual stuff I wanted to write. The real fun is gonna begin now thank god.

 The real fun is gonna begin now thank god

Wafaa.

She didn't know why she felt so guilty, she didn't know why she felt like it was all her fault, she didn't understand why she had even apologised to Mannat. None of this was her doing or her fault. If things were in her control, she would have been happy with Iskander right now.

Instead, she was simply stuck in marriage with a man who loathed her because he loved another woman.

Truthfully, she didn't even think she would be happy with Iskander only because she loved him. She knew she would be happy if she did everything that she had always fantasized about.

She wanted to see the world, she wanted to travel to every city that existed, she wanted to drink expensive champagne and cheap coffee, she wanted to look pretty in those floral dresses and fancy gowns, she wanted to meet famous people and tell them their fashion senses sucked, she wanted excitement and adventure, all that life had to offer.

But at the end of the day, she wanted to come home to the man she loved and sleep in his embrace.

That was her idea of a perfect life but instead, she had no other option but to survive in a loveless marriage to protect the people she loved.

Iskander and her ownself.

She looked at him as the guilt trapped her one more time, rolling her eyes because she hated what he had done at the wedding, then staring at him because she was almost disappointed. She didn't know why.

She reckoned she was the only wife in the world who was upset to see her husband's second marriage getting ruined.

"Can you stop staring at me like that?" Iskander asked, feeling her gaze over him that made him almost uncomfortable.

He wasn't used to that stare, not from her.

"Like what? Like you're someone who practically ruined someone's marriage?" Wafaa shot back, shaking her head at him.

"It was always ruined and you know that." He replied, standing up from the other corner of the living room and picking up a beer from the fridge.

"That bastard shouldn't be happy if we're both suffering, Wafaa."

He was very clear on that. If he couldn't get the woman that he loved, he wouldn't allow Wajeeh to be with Mannat either.

"Didn't you teach me that fate comes around everyone? Didn't you tell me that we don't have to do anything bad to people, life will deal with them?"