fifty four.

More than 5k words. It's less than what I've usually written but I didn't want to take away iskander stressed chapter by adding more drama than needed.

Next chapter, my baby is back with a bang.

For now, enjoy!!

Iskander.

He had been running frustrated all these days. He had tried to only focus on his work and not think about anything else but every night his mind would wander and take him back to that very first morning that he laid his eyes on her. He didn't want to remember her too much because she would often distract him and distraction was not a good look when it came to handling things in their world. Still, how could he not remember the woman he loved so much?

At thirty seven years of age, he had met up with his fair share of women. He had been infatuated before, he had dated and been in relationships before but nothing could ever compare to this. He was the heir of an entire Mafia empire, his brother had practically handed everything over to him and yet, he felt powerless.

The entire point of coming to America was to avenge his brother and the betrayal that he had faced years ago. He had to make Ayesha Malik's daughter fall in love with him, and then he had to betray her. His brother always said that betrayal was like slow poison, it killed slowly and it hurt always.

As most Mafia families did, he also had dual identities. He was Iskander Challan, the younger brother of Gulrez Challan. Their family was well known in Jordan for owning fertilizer companies. In reality, his name was Sikander Changez, he was the younger brother of Gulsher Changez. They belonged to Gujranwala, Pakistan.

If there was a Mafia family who knew how to do business with the Chicago mob, it was them. Gulsher dealt with the heroine, the smuggling and the money. Iskander dealt with how to convert their black money into white money. It was a way to have a clean slate if shit ever got messed up.

He was 34 years old when he came to America and started to teach in a University as a way to not be too obvious. Since they were on good terms with the Chicago mob, they had more enemies than they could count.

He knew Ayesha Malik lived in L.A. He knew that she was working in M&K Beverages. He knew that her only daughter Mannat had just finished her education. He also knew that they were constantly in the protection of Shah Masroor. He knew that he had to settle in first and then go for the kill but before he could even put his plan in place, his eyes landed on her.

She was in class with her head bowed down, she had shiny boots and wore a jacket which made her stand out. Still, she looked shy and underconfident. He was intrigued.

A look was exchanged between them and it made something wake up within him. He wanted to know her more. He found out that her name was Wafaa, she was a student who was here to study from Pakistan and she didn't look like she had any idea how to adjust in this world.